2014年3月26日水曜日

Mari's Bagels



 
 
Mari's Bagels


(yen0201.gif)


(bagel71.jpg)


(bagel72.jpg)


(bagel70.jpg)


(bagel73.jpg)


(foolw.gif)

Summer time is here with us.


(centervil2.jpg)

From: denman@infoseek.jp
To: diane705@yahoo.ca
cc: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Thurs., Mar 13, 2014 4:02 PM
Pacific Daylight Saving Time

Hi Diane,

How are you doing?
Summer time is here with us.
So, in terms of time system, we're now in summer.


(girlani5.gif)

In reality, however, we still seem to be wobbling in cold and wet days, don't we?
... definitely far from summer!

Anyway, talking about a "sweet new woman" in my life, I've actually come across such an amazing woman.
You believe it or not, she is one of the sweetest, liveliest and most good-natured women I've ever known.


(renge87c.jpg)

But alas! I've never met her in my life.



Kato, tsk, tsk, tsk, ... are you imagining this woman in your daydream again?



You might ask. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ...

Actually, she phoned me from Japan the other day.
To tell you the truth, her name is Mari.
She is a daughter of my cousin.
She's planning to immigrate into Canada and wants to live in Vancouver.
So, she phoned me about the life in Vancouver.

Mari is now working for a bakery in a small town 150 miles north of Tokyo.
She's specializing in making bagels.
Here are some bagels she baked:


(bagel71.jpg)


(bagel72.jpg)


(bagel70.jpg)

Actually, Mari is writing her own blog.
Here is the URL of her blog:

"My Life & My Favorite Bagels"

When you click the following two URLs, you'll be able to see some more delicious-looking bagels:


"You'd like to eat this bagle!"

"And this, too!"


I'll meet her when I go back to hometown in the coming fall.
She will be in Vancouver when I return.
That is, she wants to come to Vancouver with me.
Isn't that nice?

If everything goes okay with Mari---especially if her immigrant visa is granted, Mari will be in Vancouver next Octover or November.
More than likely, I'll be able to introduce you to Mari.

In any case, I've just written an article about "all in the family."
Please click the following link:


(world118.jpg)

"World Family"

I hope you'll enjoy the above article!

Your smiling Bohemian, Kato
with a lot of love


(kato3.gif)
 

(2004fs.gif)

Subj:I can't wait to meet Mari


(eatmar.jpg)

From: diane@vancouver.ca
To: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Thurs., Mar 13, 2014 8:18 PM
Pacific Daylight Saving Time

Hi Kato,

How wonderful that you will be able to introduce Mari to Vancouver.
Hopefully, she'll be happy here and you'll be a big part of it all.
I'm glad you've come across a sweet woman from your own country.
... can't wait to meet her.

Maybe we could all have dinner together one evening or a coffee somewhere.
How exciting!

I'll read the details on Monday because I've got lots of interesting plans for the weekend, including the new Helen Lawrence production at the Stanley on Saturday.
This is an intoxicating mixed-media spectacle set in the Vancouver of 1948.
You could visit the vanished worlds of the old Hotel Vancouver and Hogan’s Alley---the city’s hot spot for gambling and vice.
It is an intriguing, hard-boiled tale of loyalty and money that illuminates our city’s politics during a time of historic upheaval.
I can hardly wait to see it.

Helen Lawrence Play (trailer)



Interview with writer Chris Haddock



Interview with actor Nicholas Lea

& actress Helen Lawrence




I also see the Floyd Collins musical on Sunday.
This musical is based on the death of Floyd Collins near Cave City, Kentucky in the winter of 1925.
Floyd Collins, exploring Sand Cave, uses the echoes of his voice to sound out the region, and falls through a tight passageway.
when his foot became trapped, wedged in position by a small rock.

His family and his fellow cavers try to free him.
When it becomes clear that his rescue will not be easy, his brother Homer spends the night in the cave with him.

William Burke "Skeets" Miller, a small man, is able to squeeze through and visit with Floyd, relaying stories which were printed in the news.
Despite efforts by miners, the National Guard and the Red Cross, their rescue attempts fail, and the crowd grows outside the cave as a media circus ensues.

Seventeen days after Floyd had entered the cave, a shaft finally reaches him.
He had died three days earlier.

Floyd Collins Character Study



And you believe it or not, I'll have dinner & a movie with my boyfriend tomorrow.
So, you see, I must get prepared.
Thanks for the heads-up, kiddo.

Very exciting,


(dianelin3.jpg)

Love, Diane





So, Diane, you enjoyed the new Helen Lawrence production as well as the Floyd Collins musical, didn't you?



Very much so.  I wish you had been with us.

I'd rather not.

Why not?

Well ... the Helen Lawrence play is set in the 1940s---too far back in time.  I wasn't born in those days.

You've got be kidding.

Besides, the play is performed for 95 minutes without any intermission.

How do you know, Kato?

I read its promotional pamphlet.

What's wrong with 95-minute performance with no intermission?

I must take a pee sometime in the middle of the performance.

Go to a washroom right before the performance.

Of cource, I would do that, but, to tell you the truth, my bladder is somewhat smaller than the average.  I wouldn't be able to stay still for 95 minutes.

No kidding!

Diane, I'm quite serious.

How about the Floyd Collins musical, Kato?

It is based on the death of Floyd Collins near Cave City, Kentucky in the winter of 1925.

So what?

Definitely too far back in time.  I wasn't certainly born in those days.

But you viewed "Agora"---an ancient story about Hypasia, a female philosopher, didn't you?

How do you know, Diane?

I happened to read your comment in the library.


(lib40325.gif)

“Actual Library Catalogue”

"Agora" official trailer





Look at your long comment in the above.  It reads, "The film starts in 391 AD."  You were not definitely born in those days of Hypasia. Yet you viewed the movie, didn't you?  So, why don't you like to see the Floyd Collins musical?



Well ... Hypasia was a quite attractive and intelligent woman---just like you, Diane.

Kato, don't apple-polish here...  So, you're saying that there is no love interest in the Floyd Collins musical, aren't you?

You're telling me, Diane.  That's why I don't like to see the Floyd Collins musical.

Then what kind of musical do you like to see?

"A Chorus Line"

A Chorus Line - Finale





So, you like dancing, don't you?



No, not really.

Then how come you like "A Chorus Line"?

Diane, look at the following video clip.

A Chorus Line "Opening Number"





What about the above clip?



Did you view the entire clip?

Yes, of course, I did.

Then you should be able to know why I like the above musical.

Kato, I don't like a roundabout talk.  Just tell me the reason why you like the above musical.

There are so many lively, attractive and shapely women---just like you, Diane.

Jee... tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk ... you're such an apple polisher!



(laugh16.gif)

【Himiko's Monologue】


(himiko22.gif)

I like "A Chorus Line," too.



Centred on seventeen Broadway dancers auditioning for spots on a chorus line, the musical is set on the bare stage of a Broadway theatre during an audition for a musical.

A Chorus Line provides a glimpse into the personalities of the performers and the choreographer as they describe the events that have shaped their lives and their decisions to become dancers.

It is a quite interesting story.

In any case, I'd like to meet my "Romeo"---a decent man in my future life.
How come I'm always a loner?
I wish I could meet a nice gentleman at the library in my town as Diane met Kato.
Well, they say, there is a way where there is a will.

I hope Kato will write another interesting article.
So please come back to see me.

Have a nice day!
Bye bye ...


(hand.gif)


(renge400.jpg)



If you've got some time,

Please read one of the following artciles:





(juneswim.jpg)

"Go Bananas"

"Manwatching"

"Stanley Boardwalk"

"With Your Tiger"

"A Second World"

"Asexual Thought"


(biker302.jpg)

"Stanley 125 Years"

"Sushi @ the Globe"

"Peace@Syria & Pentagon"

"Sweet Memory"

"Unforgettable Movies"

"Typhoon 26"

"Great Luck"

"Diane@World"

"Diane@Spam"

"Sabina"

"Happy New Year"

"Merange & Sabina"

"Beauty in Spa"

"Love @ e-reading"

"Troublesome Slang"

"World Family"



(surfin2.gif)


(bare02b.gif)

Hi, I'm June Adames.

I really enjoyed viewing "A Chorus Line."

I can do that - Chorus line



The original Broadway production ran for 6,137 performances, becoming the longest-running production in Broadway history until surpassed by Cats in 1997, and the longest-running Broadway musical originally produced in the US, until surpassed in 2011 by Chicago.

It remains the sixth longest-running Broadway show ever.

Its success has spawned many successful productions worldwide.

It began a lengthy run in the West End of London in 1976 and was revived on Broadway in 2006, and in the West End in 2013.

ところで、愛とロマンに満ちた

レンゲさんのお話をまとめて

『レンゲ物語』を作りました。

もし、レンゲさんの記事をまとめて読みたいならば、

次のリンクをクリックしてくださいね。

『愛とロマンのレンゲ物語』


(renge730.jpg)

『軽井沢タリアセン夫人 - 小百合物語』

とにかく、今日も一日楽しく愉快に

ネットサーフィンしましょうね。

じゃあね。



(dogs17.gif)


(girlxx.gif)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿