2012年8月24日金曜日

Beaver Lake

  
  
 
Beaver Lake
 






Stanley Park


(beaver10.jpg)

Beaver Lake


(beavermap.jpg)




(dianef02.jpg)

Subj:Oh, you made me

nostalgic, kiddo!



(halifax2.jpg)


(halifax1.jpg)

Halifax

From: diane@vancouver.ca
To: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Mon, Jul 9, 2012 7:50 pm
Pacific Daylight Saving Time




Hi Kato,

I enjoyed the following article.

"Halifax to Vancouver"

(July 9, 2012)


Wow! You are really making me nostalgic now.
I do see the similarities between Halifax and Vancouver now that you point them out.

Point Pleasant Park and Stanley Park do share commonalities, as do Lost Lagoon and the Public Gardens in Halifax.


(halifax10.jpg)

Point Pleasant Park

I wonder if Point Pleasant Park has a real live beaver in one of its lakes?
I went to check out our resident beaver in Beaver Lake yesterday.
Saw his or her lodge, but apparently the beaver doesn't come out and start working until dusk each day.


(beaver2.jpg)

I enjoyed a wonderful article and photos in Saturday's Vancouver Sun.
It looks like the beaver has been in the lake for four years now, most likely coming from North Vancouver's Capilano Watershed area, braving the currents and freighters in Burrard Inlet and shuffling his or her way up Beaver Creek to the Lake.

One of these days I hope to see the beaver in person.
With this lovely weather, it's easy and fun to take a stroll in Stanley Park more regularly, don't you think?





You're right about preferring the weather here to the weather in Halifax.
But some days I question even that as you can imagine.

I came out here in Vancouver on my own when I was only 21 yrs. old.
I had finished business college and had already had two fairly good jobs, but I was seeking adventure and a westcoast life.
I did stop briefly in Toronto where my older brother lived in a really cool hippie house, and considered living there, but decided to go for bust.


(yorkville2.jpg)

I loved it immediately and made lots of friends.
Eventually my older brother moved out from Toronto and my younger brother moved out from Halifax.
Then my parents decided that, if the kids were all going to live in Vancouver, they should just come out as well.
Except for my older brother, we all settled here in Vancouver, quite happily.

Thanks for this, very well put together kiddo,


(dianelin3.jpg)

Love, Diane ~




SOURCE: "A Thread of Destiny"
(July 24, 2012)





Kato, how come you pasted my old mail up there?



Well... I used the above mail in the article called "A Thread of Destiny," which is well read by the regulars of Ameba Blog (http://ameblo.jp/).


(ame20821b.gif)



I see...the article took the 8th position on the above access list, didn't it?  And I notice, "Fujiyama Geisha" was at the 12th position.



Yes, it was.  You see, all other articles are written in Japanese.  It is amazing that articles written in English were well read among the Japanese Net surfers.

So, some of your regulars are fluent in English, aren't they?

No, not necessarily.

Why not?

You see ... most of the Japanese don't speak good English, but they can read the books written in English somehow simply because they've learned English at school for six years or so.

What part of the article attracted the Japanese readers?

I'd say, the lifestyle of hippies and hedonists attracted the Japanese audience.

From Hippies to Hedonists,

in Yorkville, Toronto



(yorkville3.jpg)



Driving thru Yorkville





I doubt... because the title ("A Thread of Destiny") doesn't suggest the lifestyle of hippies and hedonists.



You're right...well, maybe, some Net surfers searched Madonna on the Net, and happened to come to the video of Toronto Film Festival in the article.

Madonna's Film Premiere

Toronto Film Festival



(madonna2.jpg)





Or some might've searched nightlife in Toronto.

Nightlife in Toronto





I doubt... Anyway, how come you've brought up Beaver Lake?



'Cause you replied to my mail like this ...



From: diane@vancouver.ca
To: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Sat, Aug 11, 2012 2:00 pm
Pacific Daylight Saving Time




Hi Kato,

Thanks for this .. it was good to see you as well ~
I've been spending SO much time out hiking these days that I've been neglecting my paperwork.
I'll read the Geisha story probably on Monday and can't wait.
I'll report back to you later.





In the meantime, get your butt out of the library, kiddo and take a walk in Stanley Park, okay? :)

Stanley park



Love, Diane ~



 


From: barclay1720@aol.com
To: diane@vancouver.ca
Date: Friday, August 10, 2012 8:55:36 PM
Pacific Daylight Saving Time




Hi Diane,

What a gorgeous day we have here today!
I'm confined in the library as usual.
What a pity!
But I'm happy to see you at noon!
What a coincidence!
I was creating the following map when you tickled me at my shoulder, and wrote a story just for you in the morning.


(world007.png)

Please click the following link:


(maiko19.png)

"Fujiyama Geisha"

http://denman705.wordpress.com/diane/geisha/

...hope you'll enjoy it to the bone.



Your playful bohemian, Kato
with a lot of love




So, you actually got your butt out of the library and took a walk in Stanley Park?



Oh yeah ... and I went over to Beaver Lake the first time in my life---'cause I remembered you wrote about it.

First time? ... No kidding!

I've been in Vancouver for 20 years but had never seen Beaver Lake before.


(beaver10.jpg)


(beaver11.jpg)

Beaver Lake





I've realized that the lake is shrinking ... I mean, I can hardly see the surface of the lake because lily pads cover it all.



But the above pictures show the nice surface with some water birds, don't they?

Well, a friend of mine took the above pictures years ago.  Now, water grass covers the surface, and naturally I couldn't find any beaver.  So, I watched the following video instead.

Scheels Beaver Documentary



Canadian Beaver dines out

on national emblem controversy






I suppose the beaver is an endangered species.



I hope not.

Well, actually, the beaver was once an endangered species.

Why was that?

I viewed an interesting DVD about the beaver in Canada.


(lib20823.gif)

"Actual Catalogue Page"



So you jotted down the above comment after watching it, didn't you?



Yes, I did.  You know, beavers used to number ten millions in Canada. By the year of 1928, the ruthless greed of the mankind and slaughter by the hunters had reduced the beaver race to an extinct level.

Did you borrow the DVD at Joe Fortes Library?

Yes, I did.  But you cannot find one now.

Why not?

See the following list.


(lib20823b.gif)


(lib20823c.png)

"Actual Location Page"



I found one DVD at Joe Fortes, but for some reason none of the beaver DVDs are kept now.  In any case, you can place a hold on that.



Tell me a good reason why I should borrow one of the above DVDs.

Well, ... you'll certainly know how to wrestle with a wild yet playful beaver.





【Himiko's Monologue】



What a beautiful city Vancouver is!
I visited Vancouver once, and swam on the New Year's day in 2008.





The water was warmer than the air.
Can you belive that?



In any case, I hope Kato will write another interesting article soon.
So please come back to see me.

Have a nice day!
Bye bye ...








If you've got some time,

Please read one of the following artciles:





"Net Travel & Jane"

"Net Love"

"Complicated Love"

"Electra Complex"

"Net Début"

"Inner World"



"Madame Riviera and Burger"

"Roly-poly in the North"

"Amazing Grace"

"Diane in Paris"

"Diane in Montmartre"



"Diane Well Read"

"Wantirna South"

"Maiden's Prayer"

"Bandwidth"

"Squaw House and Melbourne Hotel"



"Tulips and Diane"

"Diane in Bustle Skirt"

"Diane and Beauty"

"Lady Chatterley and Beauty"

"Victorian Prudery"



"Diane Chatterley"

"From Canada to Japan"

"From Gyoda to Vancouver"

"Film Festival"

"Madame Taliesin"

"Happy Days"

"Vancouver Again"

"Swansea"



"Midnight in Vancouver"

"Madame Lindbergh"

"Dead Poets Society"

"Letters to Diane"

"Taliesin Studio"



"Wright and Japan"

"Taliesin Banzai"

"Memrory Lane to Sendai"

"Aunt Sleepie"

"Titanic @ Sendai"

"Birdcage"


(sylvie121.jpg)

"Roly-poly in the wild"

"Silence is dull"

"Zen and Chi Gong"

"Piano Lesson"

"Dangerous Relation"

"Electra Complex"


(juneswim.jpg)

"Covent Garden"

"Fatal Relation"

"Notre Dame"

"Anne Frank"

"Biker Babe"

"Diane Girdles the Globe"

"Diane in Casablanca"

"Infidelity Neighbourhood"

"Forest Bathing"

"Enjoy Ramen!"

"Sex, Violence, Love"

"Halifax to Vancouver"

"A Thread of Destiny"

"Fujiyama Geisha"






Hi, I'm June Adams.

Stanley Park is home to several other bodies of water in Vancouver.

Beaver Lake is a small lake, mostly covered by lily pads, home to fish and water birds.

As of 1997, its surface area was 3.95 hectares, but the lake is slowly shrinking in size.

One of Vancouver's few remaining free-flowing streams, Beaver Creek, joins Beaver Lake to the Pacific Ocean and is one of two streams in Vancouver where salmon still return to spawn each year.




ところで、愛とロマンに満ちた

レンゲさんのお話をまとめて

『レンゲ物語』を作りました。

もし、レンゲさんの記事をまとめて読みたいならば、

次のリンクをクリックしてくださいね。

『愛とロマンのレンゲ物語』



『軽井沢タリアセン夫人 - 小百合物語』

とにかく、今日も一日楽しく愉快に

ネットサーフィンしましょうね。

じゃあね。





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿