2013年1月11日金曜日

Long live Diane!

  

Long live Diane!
 

Subj:
Happy New Year!


(yuri02.jpg)

From: diane@vancouver.ca
To: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Wed, Jan 2, 2013 7:17 pm
Pacific Standard Time



Hi Kato,

Happy New Year!
Yes, I read the following article.


(newyear13b.jpg)

"Happy New Year"

Kato, you're worried too much about me.
I don't spend too much time in partying and eating and drinking!
I haven't been hopping around brunch, supper and parties, neither.
But I've found lotsa fun.

Anyway, I enjoyed your video-clip present.

Myfanwy - Neath Choir

(Welsh-English Lyrics)




Thanks for reminding me of the lovely Welsh song.
Myfanwy is a woman's name derived from annwyl, meaning "beloved."
It is a popular Welsh song, composed by Joseph Parry and first published in 1875.
Parry wrote the music to lyrics written by Richard Davies ('Mynyddog'; 1833-77).
Some sources say it was written with Parry's childhood sweetheart, Myfanwy Llywellyn, in mind, although the lyrics were probably inspired by the fourteenth-century love-story of Myfanwy Fychan of Dinas Brân, Llangollen and the poet Hywel ab Einion.
That story was also the subject of the popular poem, 'Myfanwy Fychan' (1858), by John Ceiriog Hughes (1832-87).

The song, although now considered by some rather old-fashioned, is still a favourite with Welsh folks.

After all, I'm as healthy as can be.
Well ... the good news is, Kato .. I haven't gained a pound, amazingly so, but you're right enough-is-enough.
...hope you haven't partied too hard as well.

You may want to live as long as the man in Japan who is now 115 years old---the oldest man in recorded history.




(kimura116.jpg)


(kimura115.jpg)

It turns out that there are so many Japanese people living long lives.
It's becoming a problem with the Japanese government given the fact they've got the world's second largest public debt and a below replacement birthrate.
You probably saw the story in the Vancouver Sun a while back.

See you soon kiddo,


(dianelin3.jpg)

Love, Diane ~




So Kato, do you wanna live as long as the man in Japan who is now 115 years old?



I would like to, but there is a problem.

I know... the Japanese government has the world's second largest public debt and a below replacement birthrate.

You're telling me, Diane, but there is another problem.

What is it?

Have you ever heard that there are an increasing number of death-wishers in Japan?

Oh, are there?

Yes, look at the following graph.


(suicide05.gif)
(出典: 厚生労働省大臣官房統計情報部 人口動態・保健統計課
(SOURCE: Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)




There are at least 30,000 people who commit suicide in recent years.



Oh! ... No kidding!

I'm not joking.  The above graph has been drawn by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare.  So belive it!

That means, roughly 100 people commit suicide every day in Japan---4 persons per hour.  Oh, amazing!

Have you ever thought of committing suicide, Diane?

Oh hell no!  God has made this world and all the human beings.  Accordingly, nobody is supposed to kill herself or himself without God's permission.

So, Diane, you're a born Christian, aren't you?

Well ... regardlessly, life is precious and priceless.  You shouldn't kill yourself.  How come the Japanese are so eager to kill themselves?

To tell you the truth, Diane, I've never thought of killing myself, though I was born and brought up in Japan.

So, you were and are still a kinda black sheep among all the Japanese, aren't you?

Yes, I think I am.

Since you were born and brought up in Japan, you must have some idea how come the Japanese are so eager to commit suicide.

Well ... there are several famous spots for death-wishers.

Famous spots for death-wishers?  Kato, what do you mean by that?

Watch the following picture!



Death-wisher



(toujin02.jpg)

Toujinbou (東尋坊)





What a beautiful place it is!



You're absolutely right on, Diane.  It is a nice place to visit.  That's the reason the Japanese death-wishers go to the above place and throw themselves over the edge of the cliff.

But it's too beautiful to throw yourself over the above cliff, isn't it?

You're telling me, Diane.  I would never do that, myself...'cause I'm too romantic to do such a scary thing.

So, compared to other Japanese people, you've got a chicken heart, haven't you?

No, that's not right, Diane.  I'm so motivated to live as long as the man in Japan who is now 115 years old.

That's what I thought.

You know, Diane, there is a long tradition in Japan, in which people tend to beautify his or her own death-wish.

Really?

If you take a close look at the following video-clip, you'll understand what I mean by that.

Suicidal Women



Banzai Cliff Today





Oh, Kato, this is too much for me!  I can't watch it with my peaceful mind.



Nobody could throw herself unless she could beautify her after-life world.

Is there any other hotspot for suicide?

Yes, of course, one of the most famous spots is the maze at the foot of Mount Fuji.

Suicide Forest in Japan




(aoki03.jpg)



This place is literally called "forest sea (樹海)."  Once you step into this sea of woods, you'll never get out.  Hence you're doomed to die.



Are you serious?

Yes, of course, I'm dead serious.  I'll show you the actual death-wishers.

Death-wishers in the "Foreast Sea"


(dokuro99.jpg)





Oh, Kato, this is too much for me!  I can't watch it with my peaceful mind.  What are those people filming the corpses?



They're curiosity-seekers.

But, Kato, you just said a while ago, "Once you step into this sea of woods, you'll never get out."  I wonder if those curiousity-seekers also died in the forest.

Don't be silly, Diane.  If they had died, how could we possibly see the above video clip?

That's why I'm asking you, kiddo.

Well ... you and I will never commit suicide.

How come you're so sure?

...'Cause love makes a happy world and you give me a ton of inspiration, which motivates me to live long.  Watch the following clip.


(rainbow9.jpg)





What about the above clip?



Diane, you're the sunshine of my life.  That's why I'll always be around.  You are the apple of my eye.  So, forever you'll stay in my heart, and I'll live as long as you live.

Oh my goodness ... I didn't know that you're such an apple-polisher!

Anyway, "Long live Diane!"




【Himiko's Monologue】



Wow! Did you see what I saw?
"Suicide Forest!"
What a scary clip it is!
How could they possibly step into the never-able-to-return forest at the foot of Mount Fuji?

Like Kato, I've never thought of comitting suicide.
How about you?

As Diane mentioned, life is precious and priceless.
If possible, therefore, we should live as long as the oldest man in this world.

In any case, I hope Kato will write another interesting article soon.
So please come back to see me.

Have a nice day!
Bye bye ...







If you've got some time,

Please read one of the following artciles:





"Tulips and Diane"

"Diane in Bustle Skirt"

"Diane and Beauty"

"Lady Chatterley and Beauty"

"Victorian Prudery"



"Diane Chatterley"

"From Canada to Japan"

"From Gyoda to Vancouver"

"Film Festival"

"Madame Taliesin"

"Happy Days"

"Vancouver Again"

"Swansea"



"Midnight in Vancouver"

"Madame Lindbergh"

"Dead Poets Society"

"Letters to Diane"

"Taliesin Studio"



"Wright and Japan"

"Taliesin Banzai"

"Memrory Lane to Sendai"

"Aunt Sleepie"

"Titanic @ Sendai"

"Birdcage"


(sylvie121.jpg)

"Roly-poly in the wild"

"Silence is dull"

"Zen and Chi Gong"

"Piano Lesson"

"Dangerous Relation"

"Electra Complex"


(juneswim.jpg)

"Covent Garden"

"Fatal Relation"

"Notre Dame"

"Anne Frank"

"Biker Babe"

"Diane Girdles the Globe"

"Diane in Casablanca"

"Infidelity Neighbourhood"

"Forest Bathing"

"Enjoy Ramen!"

"Sex, Violence, Love"

"Halifax to Vancouver"

"A Thread of Destiny"

"Fujiyama Geisha"



"Beaver Lake"

"God is Near!"

"Holy Cow@Rose Garden"

"Vancouver Earthquake"

"Birthplace"

"KIFF"

"You Love Japan, eh?"

"Eight Bridges"

"First Love"

"Fright on Flight"

"Boy's Movie"

"From Summer to Eternity"

"Sōseki & Glenn Gould"

"Dream Dream Dream"

"In Search of Your Footprint"

"Little Night Music"

"Merry X'mas"

"Happy New Year!"






Hi, I'm June Adams.

Kimura became the world’s oldest currently living person on Dec. 17, 2012 when 115-year-old Dina Manfredini of Iowa died, according to Guinness and the Gerontology Research Group.

Manfredini was born 15 days before Kimura.

The world’s second-oldest living person, Japanese woman Koto Okubo, turned 115 on Dec. 24, 2012.

Kimura is only the third man in history to reach 115 years of age, Guinness said.

He’s one of just four male supercentenarians, or people aged 110 or more, currently known to be alive.


ところで、愛とロマンに満ちた

レンゲさんのお話をまとめて

『レンゲ物語』を作りました。

もし、レンゲさんの記事をまとめて読みたいならば、

次のリンクをクリックしてくださいね。

『愛とロマンのレンゲ物語』



『軽井沢タリアセン夫人 - 小百合物語』

とにかく、今日も一日楽しく愉快に

ネットサーフィンしましょうね。

じゃあね。





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿