2014年11月11日火曜日

Welcome Back



 

Welcome Back

 


(welcombak.jpg)


(welbak.gif)


(vanc602.jpg)




(diane02.gif)

Kato, how did you enjoy your stay in hometown?


(kato3.gif)

I did enjoy it with my family to the hilt.


(gyoda800.png)


(oshijo09.png)


(down11.gif)


(gyoda801.png)



When I was a kid, I attended Gyoda Junior High Schoo in the above map.


(gyochu2.jpg)



The above picture is the present-day school.  During my days, the school was an old two-storied mortar-built building.  Not far from the school is the famous park called "Sakitama Kofun Park."


(sakitama95.jpg)

 Sakitama Kofun Park


(sakitama98.jpg)


(sakitama97b.jpg)


(sakitama99.jpg)



You see, I went to the above park with Madame Taliesin to enjoy a Thai-style picnic.



Thai-style picnic?  What the heck is it?

Well..., I created Thai-flavored canapés for the picnic with Tom Yum paste.


(canape05b.jpg)


(tomyum.jpg)



This is a jar of Tom Yum paste.



What is Tom Yum?

Well... There is a famous Thai soup called "Tom Yum Goong."


(thai008.jpg)





So, Kato, you used the above paste to make a canapé, instead of some soup, didn't you?



Yes, I did.

Hummmm... interesting!

Did Madame Taliesin like the Thai-style canapés?

Yes, she did.  Actually, she loved those canapés very much and got impressed so much that she sang for me.


(orphe710.jpg)





So Madame Taliesin speaks Portuguese, doesn't she?



Yes, she does.

Unfortunately, I can't speak Portuguese.

Don't worry, Diane.  My friends and I sing for you in English.


(orphe700.jpg)





Wow! ... I didn't know that you can sing so romantically... Which one of those singers is you?



The man in white on your far left.

I see... So, you've got a funny sense of humor, haven't you?

Diane, you don't believe me, do you?

By the way, how come the park is so famous?

'Cause there are quite a few ancient burial mounds in the park.


(sakitama61.jpg)


(sakitama62.jpg)


(sakitama63.jpg)


(gyoda801.png)





To the right of Sakitama Kofun Park is Ancient Lotus Park.  What is it?



Good question.  Actually, Madame Taliesin and I went to the park.


(lotus103.jpg)

 Ancient Lotus Park








I see... Madame Taliesin danced in bikini in the middle of lotus flowers, didn't she?



Yes, she did.

So, she can sing and dance. And she also speaks Portugues.  Madame Taliesin is a multi-talented lady, isn't she?

You're telling me, Diane.

Incidentally, Kato, did you meet Mayumi?

Yes, of course, I did.  Actually, Mayumi came over to the house in Gyoda and met my mother.


(mother002.jpg)



So, Mayumi and you came over here to Vancouver together, huh?



Unfortunately, Mayumi couldn't manage to get on the same flight.  She'll come to Vancouver in the middle of December.

Why is that?

'Cause she must work till the middle of December.

I see... that's too bad.

In any case, I'm here with a souvenir for you.

What a surprise!  What is it?

It is a Japanese delicacy called "Fluffy rice balls flavored with Camembert and Cheddar cheese."


(mochi31.jpg)


(mochi32.jpg)


(camembert.jpg)


(cheddar02.jpg)



This delicacy is "East meets West" because Japanese-made rice balls meet Frence-and-England-made cheese.



Ummmm... looks interesting and delicious.  I'd love to taste it.



(dimple01.jpg)

【Himiko's Monologue】


(himiko22.gif)

I wish I were with Kato in Sakitama Kofun Park.

As a matter of fact, I visited Gyoda in the summer of 2013.
I enjoyed "Gyoda floating-castle festival."


(festgyo2.jpg)



The music was dynamic and lively.
The citizen in Gyoda were having a great time.

However, festival is one thing; food is yet another.
Festival doesn't fill my stomach.
I'm quite hungry now, and feel like eating sushi.

How about you?
Do you like sushi?
I'm sure you do.

Why don't you make California rolls?
I'll show you how to make those rolls.

California Rolls

An Easy Sushi Recipe




Now, you know how to do it.
Enjoy it to the hilt.

In any case, I hope Kato will write another interesting article soon.
So please come back to see me.

Have a nice day!
Bye bye ...


(hand.gif)


(renge400.jpg)



If you've got some time,

Please read one of the following artciles:





(juneswim.jpg)

"Go Bananas"

"Manwatching"

"Stanley Boardwalk"

"With Your Tiger"

"A Second World"

"Asexual Thought"


(biker302.jpg)

"Stanley 125 Years"

"Sushi @ the Globe"

"Peace@Syria & Pentagon"

"Sweet Memory"

"Unforgettable Movies"

"Typhoon 26"

"Great Luck"

"Diane@World"

"Diane@Spam"

"Sabina"

"Happy New Year"

"Merange & Sabina"

"Beauty in Spa"

"Love @ e-reading"

"Troublesome Slang"

"World Family"

"Mari's Bagels"

"Love & Loyalty"

"Another Cinderella"

"Amazing Two-legged Pooch"

"Delusive Romance"

"Royal Couple"

"Life with Music"

"Poutine@Canada"

"Glorious Summer"

"Biker Babe & Granny"

"Genetically Modified"

"Tyrannosaur"

"Love@Magic"

"Yellow Ball"



(surfin2.gif)


(bare02b.gif)

Hi, I'm June Adams.

The contemporary version, internationally known as "sushi", was created by Hanaya Yohei (1799–1858) at the end of the Edo period in Tokyo.
Sushi invented by Hanaya was an early form of fast food that was not fermented (therefore prepared quickly) and could be conveniently eaten with one's hands.

Originally, this sushi was known as Edomae zushi because it used freshly caught fish in the Edo-mae (Edo Bay or Tokyo Bay).
Though the fish used in modern sushi no longer usually comes from Tokyo Bay, it is still formally known as Edomae nigiri-zushi.

I like temaki sushi.
It is easy to make.
Here are the step-by-step instructions.


(sushi802.jpg)

Temaki Sushi



ところで、愛とロマンに満ちた

レンゲさんのお話をまとめて

『レンゲ物語』を作りました。

もし、レンゲさんの記事をまとめて読みたいならば、

次のリンクをクリックしてくださいね。

『愛とロマンのレンゲ物語』


(renge730.jpg)

『軽井沢タリアセン夫人 - 小百合物語』

とにかく、今日も一日楽しく愉快に

ネットサーフィンしましょうね。

じゃあね。



(bikini901b.jpg)


(dogs17.gif)


(girlxx.gif)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿