2011年7月23日土曜日

Inner World

 
 
Inner World
 






Subj:Your peppermint-flavored

coffee & yoga makes you

keep in a good shape.




From: barclay1720@aol.com
To: diane03760@vancouver.ca
Date: Monday, July 18, 2011 3:10:37 PM
Pacific Daylight Saving Time




Hi, Diane.

How's it going?
Not many people are constantly working on the Net.
But you're one of the few people I know who come to the computer in the library at a pre-booked time almost everyday---except for church-going days.



Well, I'm one of the few, but I'm also one of infamous Japanese workaholics.
So, nobody looks at me with a stange flabbergasted gaze.

However, your semi-addicted work habit might cause an ordinary Canadian to get startled.
But, the steadfastness is way better than the laziness in some Canadians.

I'm pretty sure your peppermint-flavored coffee makes it possible for you to work on the computer with loyal attachment.



Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha...

Keep up the good work!
And enjoy your yoga class and keep in a good shape.

As usual, I've written an article about the net idol.
Click the following link:



"Net Début"

 Monday, July 18, 2011


Get a healthy suntan as well if possible!



Have a nice day!

Ciao with a lot of love.



Kato

 




Subj:Wet, wet, wet, ...

Summer is somewhere

above the clouds!




From: diane03760@vancouver.ca
To: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Tue, Jul 19, 2011 4:40 pm.
Pacific Daylight Saving Time




Thanks for the interesting article, Kato.
I've read it with a touch of fascination.
You're amazing.
It certainly looks like you're reaching a lot of people.

Communication is SO very important and can only help with our relationships with others.
Of course, virtual communication is one thing, face-to-face another.

Some folks would argue the latter is the best, but it's an individual thing, I'm sure.
Thanks again, kiddo.

By the way, we're having wet days, haven't we?
I can hardly get a healthy suntan these days.
What a pity!

Anyway, I hope we'll have some sunshine soon and skip along the seawall in Stanley Park.





Keep up the good work.



Love, Diane ~




So, Kato...you're a workaholic, aren't you?



Yes, I am.  But you also look like a well-deciplined computer nerd.

You know what?...I was working for the government for quite some time, and sticking to a fixed schedule has become my second nature. :)

Oh, really?  What a coincidence!  I was also working for the goverment.

Where is it?

In Yellowknife.





Center of Yellowknife

About 20,000 people live.

Capital of Northwest Territories


"Madame Taliesin (タリアセン夫人)"

(Tuesday, March 9, 2010)




Whats did you do up there?



I was working as a computer programmer for the Department of Finance.

How come you went up there?

Well, ... I was curious about the far north, and wanted to see Northern lights.





So, did you enjoy the life in the cold world?



Oh, yeah...you're telling me.  So many interesting and fun-loving people lived up there.  I really enjoyed it to the bone. Ha, ha, ha, ha ...

How long did you stay up there?

For no more than two years.

Why?

Too cold in the winter, you know.  So, I quit the work and came down here to Vancouver.

I see.  So, Kato, you're talking about an inner world today, aren't you?  I don't think the inner world is the cold world up there.  What on earth is the inner world you're talking about?

Well...I've been reading two books.

Oh...?  What are the titles of those books?

One is "The Lucy Maud Montgomery Album."





Is this the book's cover?



Yes, it is.  This book is a comprehensive collection of Lucy Maud Montgomery facts, lore, memorabilia, and tidings containing over 400 photographs and illustrations and nearly 100 articles.

Wow!  You're really an earnest student, aren't you?

Yea, I am.

What about the other one?

It is "the Lucy Maud Montgomery biography."





...looks interesting!



Yes, it is, Diane.  And another thing...when I took a look at the author's picture, I was really amazed.

Why is that?





I thought this woman must be your older sister.



Are you kidding?

No, I'm not.  Don't you think you two are almost identical?

Oh, c'mon, Kato... you're pulling my leg, aren't you?

I'm dead serious.  Believe me, you two are really alike.

I don't have any sister.  I told you so...Anyway, how come you've brought up the two books?

Well...Diane, you said in the mail:




Communication is SO very important and can only help with our relationships with others.

Of course, virtual communication is one thing, face-to-face another.

Some folks would argue the latter is the best, but it's an individual thing, I'm sure.




Diane, I absolutely agree with you.  I believe the face-to-face communication is quite important.



Do you really think so, Kato?

Yes, I do.  I actually thought it over last night, and came up with the inner world of Lucy Maud Montgomery.

But how come you've come across Lucy Maud Montgomery in the first place?

Well...L.M. Montgomery is exceptionally famous among the Japanese women.

But, Kato, you aren't one of those women, are you?

No, of course, not.  But I love those "Anne of Green Gables"-reading Japanese women. He, he, he, he, he,...







Have you read the above book?



No, I haven't.  But I watched the 1985 TV two-part miniseries.







Oh, did you?  I watched the drama, too.  But I don't think the TV program touched the inner world of L.M. Montgomery.



No, it didn't.  As far as the TV miniseries are concerned, the whole story is up-beat and quite entertaining.  You know, Diane, as Mark Twain said, Montgomery’s Anne is “the dearest and most moving and delightful child since the immortal Alice."  This film version was released even in Japan, and the Japanese fans highly enjoyed it. Montgomery's fame is not limited to Canadian audiences. Anne of Green Gables became a success worldwide.

Yes, I know that.

As a matter of fact, thousands of Japanese tourists make a pilgrimage to a green-gabled Victorian farmhouse in the town of Cavendish on Prince Edward Island every year.











Unfortunately, however, most fans knows only the bright side of the story and the author. So, when those fans come to know the dark side, that is, the inner world of L.M. Montgomery, they tend to feel cold-shouldered as one of the fans commented on the book:






Scattered, dark and utterly depressing.

Not what I had hoped for.

Urquhart can write beautiful, nostalgic fiction and she should perhaps stick to that.

July 16, 2010




Comment on the book
in the Vancouver Library catalogue




So, the above book contains many depressing passages for the Anne-of-Green-Gables fans, doesn't it?



Yeah, you're telling me, Diane.

Like what?

Jane Urquhart wrote:




Even as late as 1937, a Beaverton, Ontario, newspaper described a lecture she had given in that town as "interesting" and "humorous."  But by 1938 there was litle or no humour left in Maud.

In a frightening and apparently unconscious echo of her husband's words, she reported, "It is not my body that is sick---but my soul."

Later that year and into 1939 things appeared to take a brighter turn. Maud admitted to feeling better, the boys semed to be doing fairly well, and even Ewan's chronic hypochondria did not seem to devastate her as it did in the past. And then, abruptly, at the end of June 1939, after fifty years of examined life, the diaries cease. Only two short entries come after.

The first, from July 8, 1941, reads, "O God, such an end to life. Such suffering and wretchedness."

The second, from March 23, 1942, is even more disturbing: "Since then my life has been hell, hell, hell. My mind has gone---everything in the world I lived for has gone---the world has gone mad. I shall be driven to end my life. O God forgive me. Nobody dreams what my awful position is."

Lucy Maud Montgomery died a month later, on April 24, 1942. She was sixty-seven years old.

pp. 130-131




Oh, what a depressing passage!



Yes, it is.  Montgomery has created such a pleasant and up-beat character as Anne in the story.





As far as the above album is concerned, her life is full of energy and happiness. After browsing the above album, noboy would suspect of her dark side.



I thought she was enjoying her reputation and happy family life.

Well...on the surface she looked like a happy woman.





But deep inside she had been struggling hard.



How?

She had to maintain two faces: a public mask and a private face.  You see, Diane, her husband was suffering from mental illness.  She hid it from the public.  The mask that Maud put on was for her husband's congregation as minister's wife.  It was far from Maud's private face at all.

Are you sure about that, Kato?

Oh, yes, I am.  Even Maud's granddaughter admitted it as follows:


The Sad Truth About Maud



For many years, my family has kept a troubling secret.  What has made things even more difficult is the fact that the person it involves was not only my grandmother, but one of Canada's most beloved authors, Lucy Maud Montgomery.

Her most famous novel, Anne of Green Gables, is still a bestseller after 100 years.  In addition to Anne, my grandmother wrote 19 other novels, personal journals and hundreds of short stories and poems.  As well, she has been the subject of several biographical studies.

Despite her great success, it is known that she suffered from depression, that she was isolated, sad and filled with worry and dread for much of her life.  But our family has never spoken publicly about the extent of her illness.

What has never been revealed is that L.M. Montgomery took her own life at the age of 67 through a drug overdose.




SOURCE: "Globe and Mail"
September 19, 2008 at 11:42 PM EDT




Kato,...it's so depressing!



I know...since you're quite familiar to the role and social status of a clergyman's wife, and you're even part of such a family.

Oh...did I ever mention it to you, Kato?

Yes, you did.

I almost forgot...so, Kato, are you suspecting of my dark side...the hidden inner world or something like it, aren't you?

Oh, no...oh, no...don't misunderstand me, Diane.  You're handling your life perfectly well, I believe.

What makes you think so?

Well,... the other day, you mailed to me as follows:





Subj:Summer is

just around the corner!


From: diane@vancouver.ca
To: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Thu, Jun 30, 2011 4:37 pm.
Pacific Daylight Saving Time


Hi Kato,

Well, well, well ... my skinny Socrates!
You ARE a deep thinker, aren't you?

I quite agree that we often waste our time in idle chatter,
and I'll be the first to admit I'm guilty on that account myself.

Often, I will ask myself what the best use of my day will be and, for a great part of it, I do manage to accomplish worthwhile activies ... like exercising, time in nature, contact with friends, rest, reading and contemplating ...



BUT there is still wasted slack time that's for sure.
...guess it's a dance we all have to learn---the dance of living a worthwhile life, don't you think?



"Net Love"

 Wednesday, June 29, 2011


I loved the above article ... very thoughtful.
I'm sure that chatroom lovers can eventually learn to love each other, while face-to-face might produce the opposite affect.

But when you think about it, a chatroom lover can't hold your hand, or kiss you or hold you or go with you to a movie very well now, can they?!



Nothing beats a face-to-face even thought there are no guarantees it will work out ... no guarantees either way, so might as well go for the real McCoy, I'd say.

Most chatroom love would be pseudo-love, I'm guessing.
Ah, it's all so very interesting, anyway.

Thanks so much for the above article, kiddo,



Love, Diane ~




SOURCE: "Complicated Love"
(Tuesday, July 5, 2011)




So, what about the above mail?



Well..., obviously, you're telling about yourself honestly, and not hiding your inner world...that's how I feel about the above mail.

Do you really think so?

You bet on that, Diane.


【Himiko's Monologue】



Kato and Diane talked about the inner world.
As you see, we're living in the age of sophisticated society.

I think we all have a public mask and a private face.
The mask you put on is meant for the outside world, and your private face is quite different from your mask, I suppose.

Have you ever thought about that?
You haven't?
Oh, well...why don't you think it over tonight?

You see, I'm always wearing my mask.
I may look stupid because I talk and act as Kato (a.k.a Denman) tells me.
Actually, my private face is quite serious as I'm teaching the Japanese culture and the Tale of Genji at the women's college in Kyoto.

Oh, well..., the inner world is one thing; romance is another.

Come to think of it, I've never met a decent man in my net life.
How come I'm always a loner?
I wish I could meet a nice gentleman at the library in my town as Kato met Diane.
Well, they say, there is a way where there is a will.

Have a nice day!
Bye bye ...









"Cleopatra"

"Queen Nefertiti"

"Catherine de Medici"

"Catherine the Great"



"Mata Hari"

"Sidonie Colette"



"Marilyn Monroe"

"Hello Diane!"

"I wish you were there!"

"Jane Eyre"



"Jane Eyre Again"

"Jane Eyre in Vancouver"

"Jane Eyre Special"

"Love & Death of Cleopatra"

"Nice Story"



"Scrumdiddlyumptious"

"Spiritual Work or What?"

"What a coincidence!"



"Wind and Water"

"Yoga and Happiness"

"You're in a good shape"



"Hellelujah!"

"Ecclesiophobia"

"Uncorruptible"

"Net Travel & Jane"



"Net Love"

"Complicated Love"

"Electra Complex"

"Net Début"




ィ~ハァ~♪~!

メチャ面白い、

ためになる関連記事





■ 『きれいになったと感じさせる

下着・ランジェリーを見つけませんか?』


■ 『ちょっと変わった 新しい古代日本史』

■ 『面白くて楽しいレンゲ物語』



■ 『カナダのバーナビーと軽井沢に

別荘を持つことを夢見る小百合さんの物語』


■ 『今すぐに役立つホットな情報』

■ 『 ○ 笑う者には福が来る ○ 』



『夢とロマンの横浜散歩』

『愛とロマンの小包』

『下つきだねって言われて…』



『銀幕の愛』

『パリの空の下で』

『夢の中華パン』

『愛の進化論』



『漫画家と平和(2011年3月6日)』

『漫画家の壁(2011年3月10日)』

『漫画家と奴隷(2011年3月12日)』



『畳の上の水練(2011年3月15日)』

『パール判事とゴーマン(2011年3月18日)』

『軍隊のない国(2011年3月21日)』

『士風と「葉隠」(2011年3月23日)』

『アナクロニズム(2011年3月27日)』





こんにちは。ジューンです。

ネットをサーフィンするのもよいですけれど、

たまにはネットから離れて

のんびりと映画を見るのも癒しになりますわ。

わたしは寅さんの映画が好きです。

嫌いな人に言わせると、

“あんなワンパターンの映画のどこがいいの?”

と言います。

でも、そのリフレーンがいいのですよね。

歌でも同じ言葉やリズムの繰り返しが

イヤではなく、むしろ快く響く事ってありますよね。

寅さん映画のテーマの繰り返しは

例えて言えば、歌のリフレーンのように快く響きます。

『男はつらいよ』

40周年記念プロモーション映像




基本的には人情喜劇なんですよね。

寅さんという「非日常」を登場させることによって、

社会や家庭、人間が持っている普遍的な悩みを

浮き彫りにさせ、家族のあり方や人間の生き方を

考えさせてくれるのですよね。

そう思いませんか?

自分の恋は成就しなくとも、

結果的に周りを幸せにする寅さんは、

ピエロとして描かれています。

寅さんという自由人は、

平凡な人にも幸せな気分を味合わせてくれるような

化学で言う“触媒(しょくばい)”ですよね。

自分は変わらないのに相手が変わって行く

“幸せの触媒”です。



ところで、愛とロマンに満ちた

レンゲさんのお話をまとめて

『レンゲ物語』を作りました。

もし、レンゲさんの記事をまとめて読みたいならば、

次のリンクをクリックしてくださいね。

『愛とロマンのレンゲ物語』



とにかく、今日も一日楽しく愉快に

ネットサーフィンしましょうね。

じゃあね。




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿