2011年8月30日火曜日

Bandwidth


 

Bandwidth
 
 



 
 




Subj:Summer is here

with us!

Enjoy the sunshine

on the English Bay!




From: barclay1720@aol.com
To: diane03760@vancouver.ca
Date: Thurs., Aug 25, 2011 2:43 pm.
Pacific Daylight Saving Time




Hello Diane, how's it going?
What a gorgeous day!
I love this kind of Vancouver weather.
I really feel that I'm in a paradise. :)

Yesterday, Sylvie came to me in Joe Fortes Library while I viewed the "Freud" DVD.




"Kato, do you know, Diane's taking a piano lesson?"



"Really?"

"Do you know why?"

"No idea...how come?"

"'Cause she wanna type on the keyboard much faster."

Then Sylvie grinned charmingly.






Oh yes! She has a peculiar and funny sense of humor! :)

Well, I believe you're taking a piano lesson with a sense of romance.
That's the reason I've written an article called "Maiden's Prayer."

Unfortunately, I lost a two-hours-and-half-writing work due to the malfunction of the DVD drive at the central library.
I spent another two hours on the article.
That's the reason I couldn't send an e-mail to you.
So I gave you a note with the article URL.

Since my hand-writing was so poor that you probably entered the wrong URL in the browser window.
And I suppose that the WordPress machine automatically corrected the wrong URL and transfered it to the following URL:

http://denman705.wordpress.com/diane/

It might have truncated the last portion.
So, you saw "Bandwidth Exceeded!" message.



Here is the right URL.

http://denman705.wordpress.com/diane/piano/





"Maiden's Prayer"

(Thurs., August 25, 2011)

To save yourself typing, click the above link.
I'm pretty sure that you'll be able to read the right article this time.
Enjoy "Maiden's Prayer"!

Ciao with a lot of love.
Your truly skinny Beethoven,



Kato




Diane, did you enjoy the article?



Oh yes, I did, though I can hardly believe your story.

Why is that?

Well..., playing the piano is so difficult to me.

But you're always typing so fast on the keyboard.  So it must be easy for you to play the piano.

Oh no.  Kato, there is a big difference between a computer keyboard and a piano.

Is that right?

Yes, very much so.  Anyway, why don't you come to my place and play "Maiden's Prayer" for me?

Oh..., I can't.

Why not?

...'Cause my fingers have completely forgotten to play the piano since I haven't played it for more than 20 years.

You must be kidding.

I'm quite serious.

Well..., why don't you start practicing it?

I'd rather spend more time on writing articles.

Anyway, how come I got the "Bandwidth Exceeded!" message?

A good question!  By the way, Diane, do you know the meaning of "bandwidth"?

Oh yes, I think I do...it's probably the width of a waist band, isn't it?

He, he, he, he, he... Diane, you've got a sense of humor, haven't you?  I'll show you the right answer here.


Bandwidth



In computer networking and computer science, bandwidth, network bandwidth, data bandwidth, or digital bandwidth is a bit rate measure of available or consumed data communication resources expressed in bits/second or multiples of it (kilobits/s, megabits/s etc.).

Bandwidth in web hosting

In website hosting, the term "bandwidth" is often incorrectly used to describe the amount of data transferred to or from the website or server within a prescribed period of time, for example bandwidth consumption accumulated over a month measured in gigabytes per month.

The more accurate phrase used for this meaning of a maximum amount of data transfer each month or given period is monthly data transfer.




SOURCE: Wikipedia
PICTURES: From the Denman Library




So I assume that people incorrectly use the term.



Yes, they do.  The more accurate phrase is "monthly data transfer."





So, the maximum amount of data transfer each month is 5 gigabytes(5 GB), isn't it?



Yes, it is.

By the way, what is a byte?

A good question.  The byte is a unit of digital information in computing and telecommunications that most commonly consists of eight bits.  Historically, a byte was the number of bits used to encode a single character of text in a computer.

So, when I send a single character on the net, that is one byte, isn't it?

Yes, that's right.

Then, 5 GB(gigabytes) per month means you can send as many as 5,000,000,000 charcters on the Net.

Yes, you're right, Daine.  One gigabyte usually means 1,000,000,000 bytes.  But historically, one gigabyte has also been used in some fields of computer science and information technology to denote the gibabyte as 1,073,741,824 = 1024 X 1024 x 1024 bytes.

Why is the difference?

Well..., difference between decimal and binary numeral system, in which it goes like 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 512, 1024.  So, according to the binary numeral system, one gigabyte is 1024 x 1024 x 1024 = 1,073,741,824.

I see...complicated, isn't it?  So, Kato, how many pages can you send per month on the Net?

The article called "Maiden's Prayer" consists of 26 KB(kilobytes). For simplycity purpose, lets's say, it consists of 26,000 bytes. So, 5,000,000,000 divided by 26,000 equals 192,308, which means that 192,308 surfers can read my article per month. When 192,309th surfer tries to read the article, he or she will see the "Bandwidth Exceeded!" message.

I see...so, approximately 192,000 people read your blog per month, don't they?

At least 200,000 people read my blog per month.

Why is that?

You see, Daine, the 5GB limit reached on August 22---7 days before the reset date (August 29).





Actually, the limit reached on August 21---one day before the above date (August 22).





Do you mean, Kato, the limit reached 8 days before the reset date (August 29)?





That's right.  So, as I said, you can see easily that at least 200,000 surfers read my blog per month.  Actually, this limit is only for pictures.



Why is that?

Take a look at the following diagram.





A blogger usually uploads article and pictures to his or her blog host.



Are you doing differently?

Yes, I do.  Look at the next diagram.





Since I'm writing articles for many blog hosts, I don't upload a picture to each host.  Instead, I jot down a picture URL in my article, using a direct link. And I upload a picture to the free-storage provider such as http://www.fileden.com/.



So, when the limit reaches, your free-storage provider will send the "Bandwidth Exceeded!" message, doesn't it?

Yes, that's right.

Kato, do you think that articles about me are well read?

Oh yes, I do.  No question about that.  Look at the titles on the side-menu.





But this is only on the Wordpress blog, isn't it?



Then look at the GOOGLE search result.



"The Google result at the moment"



Are there 1520 articles about me on the Net?



I would say so.  At least a thousand articles about you on the Net.

Amazing!


【Himiko's Monologue】



Wow! A computer science story!
It's so difficult for me to understand all the above.
How about you?

Computer science is one thing; romance is another.

Come to think of it, I've never met a decent man in my life.
How come I'm always a loner?
I wish I could meet a nice gentleman at the library in my town as Kato met Diane.
Well, they say, there is a way where there is a will.

Have a nice day!
Bye bye ...








"Cleopatra"

"Queen Nefertiti"

"Catherine de Medici"

"Catherine the Great"



"Mata Hari"

"Sidonie Colette"



"Marilyn Monroe"

"Hello Diane!"

"I wish you were there!"

"Jane Eyre"



"Jane Eyre Again"

"Jane Eyre in Vancouver"

"Jane Eyre Special"

"Love & Death of Cleopatra"

"Nice Story"



"Scrumdiddlyumptious"

"Spiritual Work or What?"

"What a coincidence!"



"Wind and Water"

"Yoga and Happiness"

"You're in a good shape"



"Hellelujah!"

"Ecclesiophobia"

"Uncorruptible"

"Net Travel & Jane"



"Net Love"

"Complicated Love"

"Electra Complex"

"Net Début"

"Inner World"



"Madame Riviera and Burger"

"Roly-poly in the North"

"Amazing Grace"

"Diane in Paris"

"Diane in Montmartre"

"Diane Well Read"

"Wantirna South"

"Maiden's Prayer"




ィ~ハァ~♪~!

メチャ面白い、

ためになる関連記事





■ 『きれいになったと感じさせる

下着・ランジェリーを見つけませんか?』


■ 『ちょっと変わった 新しい古代日本史』

■ 『面白くて楽しいレンゲ物語』



■ 『カナダのバーナビーと軽井沢に

別荘を持つことを夢見る小百合さんの物語』


■ 『今すぐに役立つホットな情報』

■ 『 ○ 笑う者には福が来る ○ 』



『夢とロマンの横浜散歩』

『愛とロマンの小包』

『下つきだねって言われて…』

『銀幕の愛』

『パリの空の下で』

『夢の中華パン』

『愛の進化論』



『漫画家と平和(2011年3月6日)』

『漫画家の壁(2011年3月10日)』

『漫画家と奴隷(2011年3月12日)』



『畳の上の水練(2011年3月15日)』

『パール判事とゴーマン(2011年3月18日)』

『軍隊のない国(2011年3月21日)』

『士風と「葉隠」(2011年3月23日)』

『アナクロニズム(2011年3月27日)』





Hi, I'm June Adames.

I like a leisurely stroll

while listening to nice music

such as "Sous le Ciel de Paris."



Sous le Ciel de Paris

by Hideshi Kibi(日本人)




You can find some Japanese musicians in Paris.

Fujiko Hemming also likes Édith Piaf

who sings "Sous le ciel de Paris."

Sous le ciel de Paris

by Édith Piaf




I like Chanson Française (French song).

How about you?

Kato also love Édith Piaf,

but he considers Juliette Greco's

"Sous le Ciel de Paris" much beter.

Sous le Ciel de Paris

by Juliette Greco




I believe Yves Montand's "Sous le Ciel de Paris" is the best of all.

Sous le Ciel de Paris

by Yves Montand




I love Paris, but Vancouver isn't bad at all.

To tell you the truth, Vancouver is a paradise to me.











Kato thinks that Vancouver is better than Paris.

灯台下暗し

Here's a Japanese proverb.

If I translate it literally, it means this:

The lighthouse does not

shine on its base.


It also means this:

The darkest place is

under the candlestick.


I'm pretty sure that your birthplace is a paradise to you.



ところで、愛とロマンに満ちた

レンゲさんのお話をまとめて

『レンゲ物語』を作りました。

もし、レンゲさんの記事をまとめて読みたいならば、

次のリンクをクリックしてくださいね。

『愛とロマンのレンゲ物語』



とにかく、今日も一日楽しく愉快に

ネットサーフィンしましょうね。

じゃあね。





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿