2013年8月14日水曜日

Asexual Thought

 
 
Asexual Thought
 
 

(30seal.gif)


(harri04b.jpg)




Subj:
Enjoy the fireworks later this evening!

From: diane@vancouver.ca
to: barclay1720@aol.com
Sat., 2013 July 31 8:05 PM
(Pacific Daylight Saving Time)

Hi Kato,

Thanks for the following interesting article.


(lookanim.gif)



"A Second World"

I appreciate those thoughts on ballroom dancing.

In any case, it's nice to hear from you.
... hope you get to enjoy the fireworks later this evening.


(vanfire90.jpg)



I have been quite busy so haven't made it to any yoga classes lately, although I continue to do my own yoga class, as it were, every morning.
I will add on classes soon as the fall rolls around.

Kato, are you having lotsa fun this summer?
Are you chasing lotsa women?


(engbay01.jpg)


(engbay02.jpg)

I hope so ... but don't fool around with those gals.
Although I was quite busy, I spent a few days on Harrison Lake camping with my gym buddies.


(harri01.jpg)


(harrimap.jpg)

Harrison Lake, BC Canada




(harri03.jpg)


(harri02.jpg)

We had a great time.
I hope you'll also enjoy and love this warm summer weather.


(dianelin2.jpg)

Ciao, Diane ~




So, Diane, you had a great time on Harrison Lake, eh?



You're telling me, Kato.

Tell me, Diane, what's so great about camping up there?

Well ... Kato, do you remember the following mail I sent you last year?


(dianef02.jpg)

Subj:I'm fascinated by

forest bathing.


From: diane@vancouver.ca
To: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Wed, May 23, 2012 7:53 pm
Pacific Daylight Saving Time



Hi Kato,

I was glad to see you as well.
I thought when I didn't see you at your usual terminal that perhaps you had gone back to Japan for a visit.

By the way, speaking of Japan, there's a highly recommended Japanese restaurant on Robson Street (almost across from the Whole Foods Market) called "Hokaido."


(ramen03.gif)

My piano teacher told me they have the very best ramen he has ever tasted in his life (and he's supposedly had lots of ramen in his time).
I don't know if you've tried the place or not.
I'll be going there this Friday so I'll see firsthand and report back to you, if you'd like.

I read the above article.
Thanks for your story, which is quite humourous and fascinating as usual, kiddo.

Oddly enough, I too saw that newspaper article in the Metro about Symonds and her supposedly hot love affair with Chef Gordon Ramsey.
The newspaper story is quite intriguing of course.
I saved it to show my boyfriend this weekend, especially the Top 10 Cheating Neighbourhoods of which his, Kitsilano, is at the very top of the list!

Well, I'm not worried about my boyfriend because he says I'm the best thing that ever happened to him and he doesn't know what he'd do without me, AND he's so loving and thoughtful I just have to believe him.

The point I was making is that sometimes it's better to have one person who loves you, wants to know how your day is going, one person to go to movies & plays & events with, someone to hold hands with, cook with and stuff then it is for thousands to adore you from afar.
But we're all different as the wise old sages are found of saying "follow your bliss".


(lookanim.gif)


(biker303.jpg)

Nevertheless, Kato, I'm still keeping my eye out for you.
It won't be a biker chick, I don't think, but what the heck ... we're not biker material ourselves, true?

By the way, I read the following newspaper story:

For those of us lucky enough to grow up riding bicycles on country roads and catching frogs in ponds, today’s ‘nature as medicine’ approach is a sad comment on how divorced we’ve become from our environment.
But before we get too down on ourselves, check out what’s going on in highly urbanized Japan.

That’s where ‘forest bathing’ (shinrinyoku) is being promoted for health.


(dianewd3.jpg)

A study by Yoshifumi Miyazaki, director of the Centre for Environment Health and Field Sciences at Chiba University, observed 288 volunteers at 24 different sites who merely sat down and enjoyed the forest view.
When their blood samples were compared to an urban control group, researchers found a 13-per-cent decrease in the stress hormone cortisol, six-per-cent decrease in heart rates and a two-per-cent decrease in blood pressure.

Being serious about their relaxation, Miyazaki says reporters want him to describe the “correct” principals of natural therapy.

“Also, I am often asked to answer the question of which type of forest is better conifer or broad-leaved.
Based on the results of our indoor studies, I can only say that the relaxation effects may differ due to the individual tastes and values of the volunteers.”



SOURCE: "To Your Health"
Posted by: Erin Ellis, Vancouver Sun

PICTURE: from Denman Library

As a nature-lover, I'm fascinated by "forest bathing."
Kato, have you ever enjoyed bathing in the woods?

Anyway, so good to hear from you,



Love, Diane ~



SOURCE:"Forest Bathing"
(June 7, 2012)



I almost forgot... but, now, I clearly recall it.



I really enjoyed forest bathing at the camp.

Oh, I wish I had been with you up there.

I missed you too... Anyway, tell me, Kato, how come you brought up "Asexual Thought" in the first place.

Well, the other day, I read the following newspaper article.


Asexual People Find Comfort in Community


(asex02.png)

In high school, she felt isolated and alienated because everyone else was having sexual experiences that she wasn't.
She did things she didn't feel comfortable with and pushed herself to be something she wasn't, simply to fit in.
Luckily for her, when she finally came out to her family, her parents were supportive.

Although this description may sound like the formative experiences of a lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender person, it isn't.
Vancouver-based web developer Nicole Brown discovered she is asexual, or someone who does not experience sexual attraction.

After discovering the label in her first year of university, Brown, like many asexual people, felt the burden of confusion lift from her shoulders.

"Upon discovering asexuality---the label, the community, and the resources and information and research that had been done into it---I immediately felt at ease, that I wasn't broken, that I wasn't missing something, I wasn't defective in some way, shape, or form," she said by phone. "And that's how I had been feeling prior to being able to have a label that not just said you fit in with a community but also that basically nobody had told me growing up that there were other sexual orientations, period."



Page 15, "The Georgia Straight"
for the week: August 1-8, 2013




Ummm ... I see... quite interesting.  So, Kato, are you saying that you're one of the above kind?



Oh, c'mon, Diane.  Do you really believe I'm asexual?

I'm just kidding.  I think you're far from asexual---maybe, too sexual.  But how come asexuality intereted you so much?

Well, as you know, Vancouverites enjoyed the annual Pride Parade on August 4.

The Vancouver Pride Parade 2013



Pride Parade

Pride parades for the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) community are events celebrating lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender culture.
The events also at times serve as demonstrations for legal rights such as same-sex marriage.
Most pride events occur annually and many take place around June to commemorate the Stonewall riots, a pivotal moment in the modern LGBT rights movement.

Early on the morning of Saturday, 28 June 1969, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning persons rioted following a police raid on the Stonewall Inn in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of New York City.
The Stonewall Inn was a gay bar which catered to an assortment of patrons, but which was popular with the most marginalized people in the gay community: transvestites, transgender people, effeminate young men, hustlers, and homeless youth.
The Stonewall riots are generally considered to be the beginning of the modern gay rights movement, as it was the first time in modern history that a significant body of LGBT people resisted arrest.


(stonewall2.jpg)

The Stonewall Inn



SOURCE: "Pride Parade"
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



Diane, did you enjoy the parade?



Yes, I did.  It was hilarious.  So, Kato, you thought that the parade was far from asexual, didn't you?

Yes, I did.  It was far from asexual, but this isn't the thing I wanna point out.

What else do you want to add?

The foloowing day, I borrowed a DVD from Vancouver Public Library.


(lib30812.gif)

"Actual Catalogue Page"


(henry02.jpg)

Henry & June (Trailer)




(henry05.jpg)



Did you see the above film?



Yes, I did.  As I wrote the above comment, Anaïs Nin was not actually bisexual. That's what she said, and she didn't have a sexual relationship with June, but the film version seems more interesting and fascinating because she was depicted as bisexual.

So, Kato, what's your point?

Well... As Nicole Brown was told, "there are other sexual orientations, period."

So...?

So, diversity adds more colors and fascinations to our society.  Don't you think, Diane?


(laugh16.gif)


【Himiko's Monologue】



Asexuality is quite new to me.
How about you?

In an unpublished study, a scientist recently showed asexual people erotic films and measured their genital responses.
The scientist discovered that they still respond, even if they don't necessarily feel aroused.

So it suggests that it is not that they've become asexual because their bodies are not capable of responding.
What might be surprising to those unfamiliar with asexuality is that some asexual people do masturbate.
But the scientist says that it is not for the same reasons that sexual people do.

It is quite strange, isn't it?

Interesting coming out

as asexual stories




In any case, I hope Kato will write another interesting article soon.
So please come back to see me.

Have a nice day!
Bye bye ...


(hand.gif)


(renge62e.jpg)



If you've got some time,

Please read one of the following artciles:




(juneswim.jpg)

"Halifax to Vancouver"

"A Thread of Destiny"

"Fujiyama Geisha"

"Beaver Lake"

"God is Near!"

"Holy Cow@Rose Garden"

"Vancouver Earthquake"

"Birthplace"


(sylvia16.jpg)

"KIFF"

"You Love Japan, eh?"

"Eight Bridges"

"First Love"

"Fright on Flight"

"Boy's Movie"

"From Summer to Eternity"

"Sōseki & Glenn Gould"


(biker302.jpg)

"Dream Dream Dream"

"In Search of Your Footprint"

"Little Night Music"

"Merry X'mas"

"Happy New Year!"

"Long live Diane!"

"Mona Lisa"

"Flu Shot"

"Selfish TD Bank"

"Talk with Mozart"


(chiwawa5.gif)

"Bliss for Diane!"

"Romantic Bohemian"

"TD Bank or Mozart?"

"Diane@TD Bank"

"Tear Jerker"

"Diane in Chorus Line"

"Pork or Friend?"


(vanc700.jpg)

"Easter Bloopers"

"Beauty is Heart-deep"

"Romance@South Pacific"

"Art Gallery"

"Diane Hypatia"

"Cherry and Silk"

"Price of Your Life"

"Elephant Cries"

"Banana @ Eden"

"Go Bananas"

"Manwatching"

"Stanley Boardwalk"

"With Your Tiger"

"A Second World"



(surfing9.jpg)


(bare02b.gif)

Hi, I'm June Adams.

Asexuality (or nonsexuality) is the lack of sexual attraction to anyone or low or absent interest in sexual activity.
It may be considered the lack of a sexual orientation, or one of the four types thereof, alongside heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality.
A study in 2004 placed the prevalence of asexuality at 1%.

Asexuality is distinct from abstention from sexual activity and from celibacy, which are behavioral and generally motivated by factors such as an individual's personal or religious beliefs; sexual orientation, unlike sexual behavior, is believed to be "enduring".
Some asexual people do engage in sexual activity despite lacking a desire for sex or sexual attraction, due to a variety of reasons, such as a desire to please romantic partners or a desire to have children.

Asexuality Introduction



Acceptance of asexuality as a sexual orientation and field of scientific research is still relatively new, as a growing body of research from both sociological and psychological perspectives has begun to develop.
While some researchers assert that asexuality is a sexual orientation, other researchers disagree.


(karuhap8.jpg+bare04e.gif)

ところで、愛とロマンに満ちた

レンゲさんのお話をまとめて

『レンゲ物語』を作りました。

もし、レンゲさんの記事をまとめて読みたいならば、

次のリンクをクリックしてくださいね。

『愛とロマンのレンゲ物語』


(renge730.jpg)

『軽井沢タリアセン夫人 - 小百合物語』

とにかく、今日も一日楽しく愉快に

ネットサーフィンしましょうね。

じゃあね。



(dogs17.gif)


(girlxx.gif)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿