2014年2月12日水曜日

Love @ e-Reading

 
 
 
Love @ e-Reading

 

(breakup0.gif)


(sonyrd2.jpg)


(foolw.gif)

Time flies by quite fast, eh?

From: denman@infoseek.jp
To: diane705@yahoo.ca
cc: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Tues., Jan 28, 2014 4:04 PM
Pacific Standard Time

Hi Diane,

How are you doing?
We don't have many sunny days lately.
So naturally I tend to stay in the library.
Two weeks ago, I watched the following DVD at the main branch.


(lib40210.gif)

"Actual Catalogue Page"

Among five episodes is "Angel of Bergen-Belsen," which is a story about a young nurse called "Luba" who helped children survive in the concentration camp.
She is a rather homely yet good-natured woman who herself survived with a series of good lucks and fortunes.
If Anne Frank had met her in the camp, she might've just as well survived.
What a pity!

I was greatly impressed by the "Angel of Bergen-Belsen."
Why?


(luba02.jpg)

Luba was NOT a sexy woman.
She was more adequately described as a homely woman.
Yet, she was definitely a good-natured woman.
Now I know that good-naturedness is more valuable than sexiness for survival in this world---if not in the concentration camp.

If she'd been an average mediocre woman, she might have died a long time ago.
She survived with a series of good lucks and fortunes.
How come?
... 'Cause she was a good-natured woman.

Her extraordinary story certainly reminds me of your mail about your stay in Faro.

Diane, do you remember the following mail?

Summer is here with us!

Enjoy the sunshine!



(sundeck2.jpg)

From: diane03760@vancouver.ca
To: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Tue, Jul 26, 2011 4:35 pm.
Pacific Daylight Saving Time

Thanks my truly skinny Socrates, Kato.


(riviera90.jpg)

"Madame Riviera and Burger"

(July 26, 2011)


I've read the above article.
Your article is excellent as usual.
I did remember that you lived in Yellowknife some years ago.
Many years ago, I too lived for six months or so in the north, Whitehorse, Yukon Territory.

Actually, I worked for a mining company in a small town called Faro (Anvil Mines at the time) as secretary to the President.
I was given my own apartment (most of the staff had to live in bunk houses) and a huge salary compared with what I would receive in Vancouver.
So I was thrilled about that.
I didn't want to feel totally isolated, though, so I asked whether I could eat with the others in the cookhouse and they obliged.
Thank God.

It was fun and much easier than doing my own cooking and making do with the limited selection in the local store.
The cook took a special liking to me and every day he would give me extra rations of cookies and cakes.
Pretty soon I realized that if I took advantage of these favours I would end up being a roly-poly.
so I would take them and then give them away.
Lotsa fun.

I do remember a really cute Japanese gal who worked up there telling me she had already gained 25 lbs in one year, and it showed.
It was all the lesson I needed, thankfully.

Le Crueset cookware is definitely famous.
A friend of mine in Kerrisdale has some and he said they're very, very expensive but worth every penny.
He has one pot that he uses almost daily and has for years and it has proved to be the best pot he's every cooked with and worked with---sturdy, reliable, easy to work with.
So I guess it's worth the big bucks, true?!

Vancouver is pretty good, but not paradise I'd say.
The weather's too crummy half the time, or more than half the time actually, Which is why my brother left Canada for France.
He could no longer stand the cold weather.
Certainly, I do miss him.

As a matter of fact, I've found an interesting joke:



You see, Kato, we don't have many sunny days in Vancouver!
Anyway, I enjoyed reading your article.
Thanks again for all this.

Love, Diane ~

SOURCE: "Roly-poly in the North"
(July 30, 2011)

Time flies by quite fast, eh?

The cook took a special liking to you because you're a good-natured woman.
So, I'm pretty sure you'll definitely survive in this world---if not in the next.

Now, talking about a decadent and romantic escape at the Harrison Hot Springs Hotel, I've just written an article about it.
Please click the following link:


(harrison3b.jpg+cleoani.gif)

"Beauty in Spa"

I hope you'll enjoy the above article!

Your smiling Bohemian, Kato
with a lot of love


(kato3.gif)
 

(2004fs.gif)

Subj:I love those cute monkeys!


(monkey09.jpg)

From: diane@vancouver.ca
To: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Tues., Jan 28, 2014 10:26 PM
Pacific Standard Time

Hi Kato,
My smiling Bohemian,

Nice to hear from you.
I loved the Japanese monkeys.


(saru900.jpg)



They're so cute bathing in the hot springs and something I've never heard about before.
and so adorable when they try to climb the photographer's tripods---just like human kids they are.
Indeed, they're so sweet and thanks for the clip.

I'm glad to hear they're giving you so much computer time at the VPL Central Branch.
Have you had a chance to borrow one of the e-readers yet?
I've just read about it in the Vancouver Sun recently and mean to try this one of these days when I have the time.
What a great library system we have, don't you think?
Something for everyone and so accessible.

I haven't been forest bathing lately and miss it actually since I've been busy with my yoga and gym and volunteering and church and boyfriend and such but looking forward to more walks in the park come spring.
They sure are rejuvenating.
How's your life going?
Any action these days?
Not easy, I know, 'cause Vancouver women are not the most approachable, but you're a sweet guy and will find a sweet gal when the time is right, I'm sure.
Hope to see you around soon,
Thanks again for the fascinating posts,


(dianelin3.jpg)

Love, Diane





So, Diane, you've read a newspaper article about an e-reader, eh?



Yes, I have.  How about you, Kato?

Yes, of course, I have.  Actually, I also read a news-release about "test-driving an e-reader" in the Vancouver Public Libbary Central Branch.


(lib40211.gif)

"Actual News Release"



So, Kato, are you borrowing one of these e-readers?


(ereader3.jpg)



I don't think so.



Why not?

'Cause I prefer the time-honoured tradition of flipping through paper books.

I thought you were a tech-oriented reader.

You know, Diane, based on the results of online surveys conducted for Booknet Canada, it appears parents and children aren’t eager to give up on the time-honoured tradition of reading paper books.

But I know that more and more people start reding ebooks using one of those e-readers.


(ereader2.jpg)





You see, Kato, there are several guides on the Net about how to choose your e-reader.



I know... I know...

And I think that Sony Reader PRS-T3, which you can borrow from VPL, appears pretty nice.


(sonyd3.jpg)





Yes, yes, yes, it looks nice, but I don't have much time for ebooks.



Kato, how come you don't like ebooks?

I like ebooks, but I'd rather like to see more movies on a DVD player.




(lib40204.gif+lib40204b.gif)

"Actual Catalogue Page"



Diane, I'm a cinephile, you know.



So, Kato, you have watched 451 movies so far, haven't you?

Yes, Diane, you're telling me.  I'd like to watch as many movies as possible.

You can watch as many movies as you like in your home, don't you?

No, I can't 'cause I don't have a TV set in my home---let alone a DVD player.  So I'd rather like to borrow a DVD player from the library.


(playerdvd.jpg)





It would be nicer if I borrow one of those DVD players at Vancouver Public Library.



You can watch movies on your personal computer, can't you?

No, not really, 'cause my computer has been out of order for some time, and I don't have any intention to buy new one.

Why not?

'Cause I'd like to walk to the Main Brach everyday so that I could maintain my good health.  I definitely need some exercise, you know.

I see.

If possible, I prefer a Blue Ray player to a mere DVD player.


(playerbray.jpg)





It would be much nicer if I borrow one of those Blue Ray players at Vancouver Public Library.  Don't you think, Diane?



(laugh16.gif)

【Himiko's Monologue】


(himiko22.gif)

Blu-ray Disc (BD) is a digital optical disc data storage format designed to supersede the DVD format.

The plastic disc is 12 cm in diameter and 1.2 mm thick, the same size as DVDs and CDs.

Conventional Blu-ray Discs contain 25 GB per layer, with dual layer discs (50 GB) being the industry standard for feature-length video discs.

Triple layer discs (100 GB) and quadruple layers (128 GB) are available for BD-XL re-writer drives.

The name Blu-ray Disc refers to the blue laser used to read the disc, which allows information to be stored at a greater density than is possible with the longer-wavelength red laser used for DVDs.

The major application of Blu-ray Discs is as a medium for video material such as feature films.

I hope Kato will write another interesting article.
So please come back to see me.

Have a nice day!
Bye bye ...


(hand.gif)


(renge400.jpg)



If you've got some time,

Please read one of the following artciles:





(juneswim.jpg)

"Go Bananas"

"Manwatching"

"Stanley Boardwalk"

"With Your Tiger"

"A Second World"

"Asexual Thought"


(biker302.jpg)

"Stanley 125 Years"

"Sushi @ the Globe"

"Peace@Syria & Pentagon"

"Sweet Memory"

"Unforgettable Movies"

"Typhoon 26"

"Great Luck"

"Diane@World"

"Diane@Spam"

"Sabina"

"Happy New Year"

"Merange & Sabina"

"Beauty in Spa"



(surfin2.gif)


(bare02b.gif)

Hi, I'm June Adames.

Have you ever read ebooks?

An increasing number of people are reading ebooks these days.

Based on the results of online surveys conducted for Booknet Canada, however, only about one in four parents say they read ebooks with their kids.

Among teenagers, 29 per cent say they prefer reading ebooks, 37 per cent choose print and 34 per cent have no preference.

The surveys suggest teens aren’t rushing to embrace ebooks.

The report suggests just over 60 per cent of kids aged three or four have access to an Apple or Google Android phone or tablet in their home.

Among 11- to 13-year-old kids, about 80 per cent had a device in their home.

The most common online activities among those kids were playing games and watching videos.

It is interesting that roughly 7 out of ten parents say they “strongly agree” or “somewhat agree” that they are concerned about how much time their kids spend with mobile apps.

A similar number agree they’d “rather have them doing other things than playing apps.”


(dogs17.gif)

ところで、愛とロマンに満ちた

レンゲさんのお話をまとめて

『レンゲ物語』を作りました。

もし、レンゲさんの記事をまとめて読みたいならば、

次のリンクをクリックしてくださいね。

『愛とロマンのレンゲ物語』


(renge730.jpg)

『軽井沢タリアセン夫人 - 小百合物語』

とにかく、今日も一日楽しく愉快に

ネットサーフィンしましょうね。

じゃあね。



(renge500.jpg)


(girlxx.gif)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿