2014年5月30日金曜日

Life with Music


 

Life with Music

 


(music101.jpg)




(foolw.gif)

I enjoy Zen meditation.


(katozen.jpg)

From: denman@infoseek.jp
To: diane705@yahoo.ca
cc: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Sat., May 17, 2014 1:06 PM
Pacific Daylight Saving Time

Hi Diane,

Are you still enjoying meditation with the Indian guru?
I hope you are.

I'm also enjoying Zen meditation, though mine is solitary---all alone as if sitting at the very bottom of the abyss. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ...
During sitting meditation, I assume a position such as the lotus position while sitting on a square cushion placed on a padded mat.

To regulate the mind, awareness is directed towards counting or watching the breath or put in the energy center below the navel.
This practice is simply called sitting dhyāna, which is zuòchán (坐禅) in Chinese, and zazen (坐禅) in Japanese.

In the Soto school of Zen, meditation with no objects, anchors, or content, is the primary form of practice.
I strive to be aware of the stream of thoughts, allowing them to arise and pass away without interference.
So much for Zen medittion.

Now, talking about the Canadian politics, I've just written an article about careless spending.


(royal02.jpg)

"Royal Couple"

When I happened to view "Sicko"---a 2007 documentary directed by Michael Moore, however,
I would feel much happier living in Canada than in the States, although the Canadian politicians spend a great deal of our tax money carelessly and foolishly.


(sicko02.jpg)



The film investigates health care in the United States, focusing on its health insurance and the pharmaceutical industry.
The movie compares the for-profit, non-universal U.S. system with the non-profit universal health care systems of Canada,
the United Kingdom, France and Cuba.
Fifty million Americans are uninsured while the remainder, who are covered, are often victims of insurance company fraud and red tape.
It's so amazing!

Then I viewed "The Chorus"---a 2004 French drama directed by Christophe Barratier.


(chorus102.jpg)



Unemployed music teacher Clément Mathieu becomes the supervisor at a boarding school for the rehabilitation of minors.

Dismayed by the repressive administration, he works to positively transform the students' lives through music.

But Mathieu is unprepared for its harsh discipline and depressing atmosphere.

With passion and unconventional teaching method, however, he is able to spark his students' interest in music and bring them a newfound joy.

It is an enchantingly fascinating, somewhat heart-wrenching yet profoundly moving drama.
I'd say it is one of the best French movies.
Diane, I'm pretty sure you would cry for joy while viewing.


(funny3.gif)


(girlcry5.gif)

Let me know how you feel after viewing the movie.

In any case, enjoy the sunshine!


(sundeck2.jpg)

Your smiling Bohemian, Kato
with a lot of love as always







So, Diane, did you cry for joy while viewing "The Chorus"?



Kato, don't be silly.  How could I possibly cry for joy while eating sandwich and viewing the movie?

Well... Why not?

To tell you the truth, Kato, it's a good movie, but I couldn't cry for joy.

You should've cried to death 'cause many VPL patrons did just that.

How do you know?

Look at the following page!


(lib40528.png)

"Actual Catalogue Page"



So many VPL patrons jotted down comments, including myself, after crying for joy.  Among those patrons, Pemberely wrote like this:

Pure magic. I've watched it over and over again, and I can't grow tired of it... the best foreign film made.



So what?

It's obvious!  Pemberely cried for joy while watching it over and over again.




(girlcry2.gif)


(girlcry3.gif)



Are you trying to force me to cry for joy?



Oh no... I'm simply telling you from the bottom of my heart.

What's that supposed to mean?

Well ... Diane, I know you're a music lover.

Myfanwy - Neath Choir

(Welsh-English Lyrics)






Thanks for reminding me of the lovely Welsh song.

Myfanwy is a woman's name derived from annwyl, meaning "beloved."

It is a popular Welsh song, composed by Joseph Parry and first published in 1875.

Parry wrote the music to lyrics written by Richard Davies ('Mynyddog'; 1833-77).

Some sources say it was written with Parry's childhood sweetheart, Myfanwy Llywellyn, in mind, although the lyrics were probably inspired by the fourteenth-century love-story of Myfanwy Fychan of Dinas Brân, Llangollen and the poet Hywel ab Einion.

That story was also the subject of the popular poem, 'Myfanwy Fychan' (1858), by John Ceiriog Hughes (1832-87).

The song, although now considered by some rather old-fashioned, is still a favourite with Welsh folks.

After all, I'm as healthy as can be.
Well ... the good news is, Kato .. I haven't gained a pound, amazingly so, but you're right enough-is-enough.
...hope you haven't partied too hard as well.



SOURCE: "Long live Diane!"
(January 10, 2013)

 

Ingrid Fujiko Hemming

La Campanella



(fujiko10.jpg)





Oh yes, I now remember.  I viewed the above clip, and oh! what a magnificent performance!  I marvelled at Fujiko's piano playing.



Yes, some people are really moved by her performance, saying that she is playing out her own life story.

Do you think so too, Kato?

Yes, I do.

But how come you've brought out the above passage?

Well, I thought Fujiko might have instilled something into your mind.

What made you think so?

You started to take piano lessons soon after I wrote the above article.  

Yes, I did.  I was doing some reading and jogging, and taking chi-gong lessons at the time, but I wanted to do something different, and then I watched the above clip, and decided to take piano lessons.

That's what I thought.

Did you take piano lessons, too, Kato?

Yes, sort of.

What do you mean?

Instead of taking real ones, I watched piano lessons.

Whose lessons?

Holly Hunter's

You mean, that famous actress?

Yes, but not in the real world---I watched her play her own piano pieces in the movie:





What an amazing story!



So, Diane, any romance between you and your techer?

Kato, I'm not taking lessons for romance.

Well, whenever you feel competent enough, you might as well give me piano lessons.

For romance?

Well... why not?

You're telling me all this simply because you wanna take piano lessons with me for romance, aren't you?

Oh no, I'm not.  I was even impressed when I heard that you'd started to take violin lessons as well.

Yes, I started to take violin lessons a couple of months ago.  How do you know?

You told me that.  Don't you remember?

No, I don't.

You wouldn't belive me, but I play the violin.

Are you kidding?

No, I'm not.  I'm quite serious.

What made you take violin lessons?

A good question? ...'Cause I listened to "Zigeunerweisen" played by Sarah Chang:


(sarah03.jpg)





Wow!  What an amazing piece!  I wish I could play like that.



I was really moved by her performance, and decided to take violin lessons.

Let me hear you play the violin.

Oh no, I'm just a beginner.  When you feel competent enough, why don't you give me violin lessons?

For romance?

Well... why not?



SOURCE: "Piano Lesson"
(January 25, 2012)



You know what?...My Welsh given name is "Myfanwy."



Really?

Yes, it is.  As you know, I always jot down "Myfanwy" in my mail.  so I thought you figured it out.

No, I didn't.  I thought that "Myfanwy" was your handle name.  So you're a Welsh-Canadian, aren't you?

You're telling me, Kato.   So much for life with music.  Why don't you tell me about life with Zen meditation?

Since you're one of the nicest and best persons I know, I'll let you hear Zen music.


(zenmusic.jpg)





Wow! ... Mesmerizing!



Well... whenever you feel like meditating, listen to this music.



(laugh16.gif)

【Himiko's Monologue】


(himiko22.gif)

Have you ever thought about Zen?

Well ... if you haven't, here is an introductory clip for the Zen mind.



By the way, "Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind" is a book of teachings by the late Shunryu Suzuki, a compilation of talks given to his satellite Zen center in Los Altos, California.

Published in 1970 by Weatherhill, the book is not academic.


(zenmind9.jpg)

These are frank and direct transcriptions of Suzuki's talks recorded by his student Marian Derby.

Trudy Dixon and Richard Baker—Baker was Suzuki's successor—edited the talks by choosing those most relevant, arranging them into chapters.

According to some, it has become a spiritual classic, helping readers to steer clear from the trappings of intellectualism.

In any case, I'm still alone.

How come I'm always a loner?

I wish I could meet a nice gentleman at the library in my town as Diane met Kato at Vancouver Public Library.

Well, they say, there is a way where there is a will.

I hope Kato will write another interesting article.

So please come back to see me.

Have a nice day!
Bye bye ...


(hand.gif)


(renge400.jpg)



If you've got some time,

Please read one of the following artciles:





(juneswim.jpg)

"Go Bananas"

"Manwatching"

"Stanley Boardwalk"

"With Your Tiger"

"A Second World"

"Asexual Thought"


(biker302.jpg)

"Stanley 125 Years"

"Sushi @ the Globe"

"Peace@Syria & Pentagon"

"Sweet Memory"

"Unforgettable Movies"

"Typhoon 26"

"Great Luck"

"Diane@World"

"Diane@Spam"

"Sabina"

"Happy New Year"

"Merange & Sabina"

"Beauty in Spa"

"Love @ e-reading"

"Troublesome Slang"

"World Family"

"Mari's Bagels"

"Love & Loyalty"

"Another Cinderella"

"Amazing Two-legged Pooch"

"Delusive Romance"

"Royal Couple"



(surfin2.gif)


(bare02b.gif)

Hi, I'm June Adames.

Are you interested in Zen principles and practices?

Here is a profoundly intereting and fascinating video clip.

You should be able to look into a mysterious yet valuable way of life.



Zen is a school of Mahayana Buddhism that developed in China during the 6th century as Chán.

From China, Zen spread south to Vietnam, northeast to Korea and east to Japan.

The word Zen is derived from the Japanese pronunciation of the Middle Chinese word 禪 (dʑjen), which in turn is derived from the Sanskrit word dhyāna, which can be approximately translated as "absorption" or "meditative state."

Zen emphasizes the attainment of enlightenment and the personal expression of direct insight in the Buddhist teachings.

As such, it de-emphasizes mere knowledge of sutras and doctrine and favors direct understanding through zazen and interaction with an accomplished teacher.

ところで、愛とロマンに満ちた

レンゲさんのお話をまとめて

『レンゲ物語』を作りました。

もし、レンゲさんの記事をまとめて読みたいならば、

次のリンクをクリックしてくださいね。

『愛とロマンのレンゲ物語』


(renge730.jpg)

『軽井沢タリアセン夫人 - 小百合物語』

とにかく、今日も一日楽しく愉快に

ネットサーフィンしましょうね。

じゃあね。



(bikini901b.jpg)


(dogs17.gif)


(girlxx.gif)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿