2012年7月10日火曜日

Halifax to Vancouver

Halifax to Vancouver
 
 


(halifax2.jpg)


(halifax1.jpg)

Halifax









Vancouver





Kato, how come you've pasted the pictures of Halifax up there?



Diane, I've noticed that you're from Halifax.

How do you know?

I've received the following message from the Facebook.


(di20701.gif)



I can't read Japanese.



It says that Diane has pasted some pictures and posted her private information.  So I went to your Facebook page:


(di20701b.gif)



This is what your Facebook page looks like on my system.  I'll enlarge it so that you can see it more clearly.


(di20701c.gif)



I see... some passages are translated into Japanese, aren't they?



Yes, they are.  Look at the red-underlined part, which says you're from Halifax and now living in Vancouver.

Have you been to Halifax, Kato?

Oh yes, I travelled around the city a couple of years ago.  It is a lovely city.

Yes, you're telling me, Kato.

So, why don't you take a look at the following video clip.

Kato, I used to live over there.  I know the town inside out.

I know...I know...but I'm pretty sure you're missing something, and this clip reminds you of good old days in Halifax.


(halifax9.jpg)

Halifax, Nova Scotia





You know, Diane, Halifax seems to me a sister city of Vancouver.



Why is that?

...'cause both cities look pretty alike.

Oh...?  How do they look alike?

First of all, Point Pleasant Park looks like Stanley Park of Vancouver.


(halifax10.jpg)

Point Pleasant Park


(engbay22b.jpg)

Stanley Park & Vancouver Downtown



Yes, you're right, Kato.  Come to think of it, they really look alike.



The lost lagoon in Stanley Park reminds me of the pond in the Public Garden in Halifax.



(lagoon02.jpg)

Lost Lagoon, Stanley Park




(halifax12.jpg)

The pond, Halifax Public Garden


(halifax13.jpg)


(halifax12.jpg)

Halifax Public Garden




And both cities have nice discos.



(disco01.jpg)

Venue Nightclub, Vancouver



Smirnoff (Halifax Nightlife)


(disco02.jpg)

Smirnoff, Halifax






And both cities have nice cafes...



(halifax11.jpg)

The Java Factory, Halifax









Art Gallery Cafe




The town clock in Halifax reminds me of the Gastown steam clock.



(halifax19.jpg)

Halifax Town Clock



The Gastown Steam Clock


(steamclock.jpg)






Both cities enjoy dragon boat festivals...


Dragon Boat Festival

Halifax 2008








Dragon Boat Race in Vancouver






Both cities enjoy fireworks...


Canada Day Fireworks in Halifax





Celebration Of Light Vancouver 2011








Oh, Kato...You make me nostalgic.



Well...if so, why don'y you take a loot at Halifax from the sky above.

Flying over Halifax




(halifax6.jpg)



Diane, you might as well drive through the old town...

Driving in Halifax



Downtown Halifax




(halifax8.jpg)


(halifax5.jpg)


(halifax7.jpg)


(halifax4.jpg)


(halifax3.jpg)



Oh, Kato...You really make me nostalgic.



Then how come you left Halifax?

Well... The life in Halifax became monotonous to me when I reached twenty.

Oh c'mon... Look at the above pictures and watch the video clips.  Halifax has a couple of nice discos...and the lovely park as well as fascinating fireworks and festivals.  You can't be get bored.

I know what you mean, Kato.  What I'm trying to say is this---if you stay in a particular place for long, your life will be choked up in your own small world.  I needed some kind of adventure.

I see...I see...that's the reason you went up north, isn't it?

You're telling me, Kato.





Subj:Summer is here

with us!

Enjoy the sunshine!




From: diane03760@vancouver.ca
To: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Tue, Jul 26, 2011 4:35 pm.
Pacific Daylight Saving Time


Thanks my truly skinny Socrates, Kato.



"Madame Riviera and Burger"

(July 26, 2011)


I've read the above article.
Your article is excellent as usual.
I did remember that you lived in Yellowknife some years ago.





Many years ago, I too lived for six months or so in the north, Whitehorse, Yukon Territory.



Actually, I worked for a mining company in a small town called Faro (Anvil Mines at the time) as secretary to the President.
I was given my own apartment (most of the staff had to live in bunk houses) and a huge salary compared with what I would receive in Vancouver.
So I was thrilled about that.
I didn't want to feel totally isolated, though, so I asked whether I could eat with the others in the cookhouse and they obliged.

Thank God.
It was fun and much easier than doing my own cooking and making do with the limited selection in the local store.
The cook took a special liking to me and every day he would give me extra rations of cookies and cakes.

Pretty soon I realized that if I took advantage of these favours I would end up being a roly-poly.



so I would take them and then give them away.
Lotsa fun.

I do remember a really cute Japanese gal who worked up there telling me she had already gained 25 lbs in one year, and it showed.



It was all the lesson I needed, thankfully.



Le Crueset cookware is definitely famous.
A friend of mine in Kerrisdale has some and he said they're very, very expensive but worth every penny.



He has one pot that he uses almost daily and has for years and it has proved to be the best pot he's every cooked with and worked with---sturdy, reliable, easy to work with.
So I guess it's worth the big bucks, true?!



Vancouver is pretty good, but not paradise I'd say.
The weather's too crummy half the time, or more than half the time actually, Which is why my brother left Canada for France.
He could no longer stand the cold weather.
Certainly, I do miss him.

As a matter of fact, I've found an interesting joke:



You see, Kato, we don't have many sunny days in Vancouver!
Anyway, I enjoyed reading your article.
Thanks again for all this.



Love, Diane ~




SOURCE: "Roly-poly in the North"
(July 30, 2011)




So you really enjoyed the northern way of semi-arctic life, didn't you?





Yes, I did.  I loved it very much, but as you know, I realized that if I took advantage of the above favours I would end up being a roly-poly.



I see...but why didn't you go back to Halifax.

Well... I was seeking a westcoast life.

And you've chosen Vancouver ever since.

Yes, I have.

Have you been enjoying the life in Vancouver?

Oh yes, very much so.  Although I don't like too much rain here, I like the westcoast living.  Kato, since we have a lovely and gorgeous day today, why don't we jog around the seawall in Stanley Park?







You must get your butt out of the library.



Well... that's a good idea.  But I'd rather play with a squirrel in the park.





Tsk, tsk, tsk, ... That would be too childish.  Well... if you insist, Kato, don't forget to take some nuts with you.



I won't... Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ...





【Himiko's Monologue】



What a cute squirrel it is!
I love squirrels.
Have you ever seen a squirrel?

I once went to Stanley Park.
There are a number of wild animals such as racoons and skunks in the park.







But you're not supposed to feed the animals in Stanley Park.
Please keep it in mind when you fly to Vancouver.

In any case, I hope Kato will write another interesting article soon.
So please come back to see me.

Have a nice day!
Bye bye ...








If you've got some time,

Please read one of the following artciles:





"Hello Diane!"

"I wish you were there!"

"Jane Eyre"



"Jane Eyre Again"

"Jane Eyre in Vancouver"

"Jane Eyre Special"

"Love & Death of Cleopatra"

"Nice Story"



"Scrumdiddlyumptious"

"Spiritual Work or What?"

"What a coincidence!"



"Wind and Water"

"Yoga and Happiness"

"You're in a good shape"



"Hellelujah!"

"Ecclesiophobia"

"Uncorruptible"

"Net Travel & Jane"



"Net Love"

"Complicated Love"

"Electra Complex"

"Net Début"

"Inner World"



"Madame Riviera and Burger"

"Roly-poly in the North"

"Amazing Grace"

"Diane in Paris"

"Diane in Montmartre"



"Diane Well Read"

"Wantirna South"

"Maiden's Prayer"

"Bandwidth"

"Squaw House and Melbourne Hotel"



"Tulips and Diane"

"Diane in Bustle Skirt"

"Diane and Beauty"

"Lady Chatterley and Beauty"

"Victorian Prudery"



"Diane Chatterley"

"From Canada to Japan"

"From Gyoda to Vancouver"

"Film Festival"

"Madame Taliesin"

"Happy Days"

"Vancouver Again"

"Swansea"



"Midnight in Vancouver"

"Madame Lindbergh"

"Dead Poets Society"

"Letters to Diane"

"Taliesin Studio"



"Wright and Japan"

"Taliesin Banzai"

"Memrory Lane to Sendai"

"Aunt Sleepie"

"Titanic @ Sendai"

"Birdcage"


(sylvie121.jpg)

"Roly-poly in the wild"

"Silence is dull"

"Zen and Chi Gong"

"Piano Lesson"

"Dangerous Relation"

"Electra Complex"


(juneswim.jpg)

"Covent Garden"

"Fatal Relation"

"Notre Dame"

"Anne Frank"

"Biker Babe"

"Diane Girdles the Globe"

"Diane in Casablanca"

"Infidelity Neighbourhood"

"Forest Bathing"

"Enjoy Ramen!"

"Sex, Violence, Love"






Hi, I'm June Adams.

The Town of Halifax was founded by British government under the direction of the Board of Trade and Plantations under the command of Governor Edward Cornwallis in 1749.

On April 1, 1996, the government of Nova Scotia dissolved the City of Halifax, and amalgamated the four municipalities within Halifax County and formed Halifax Regional Municipality, a single-tier regional government covering that whole area.

There are no longer any cities in Nova Scotia.

The city was the capital of Nova Scotia and shire town of Halifax County.

It was also the largest city in Atlantic Canada.

Residents of the former city are called "Haligonians".

(SOURCE: Wikipedia)




ところで、愛とロマンに満ちた

レンゲさんのお話をまとめて

『レンゲ物語』を作りました。

もし、レンゲさんの記事をまとめて読みたいならば、

次のリンクをクリックしてくださいね。

『愛とロマンのレンゲ物語』



『軽井沢タリアセン夫人 - 小百合物語』

とにかく、今日も一日楽しく愉快に

ネットサーフィンしましょうね。

じゃあね。




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿