2012年9月11日火曜日

Holy Cow@Rose Garden



Holy Cow@Rose Garden
 


(roseg06c.jpg)
 



(dianef02.jpg)

Subj:Oh yes, I love beavers, too.

From: diane@vancouver.ca
To: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Thu, Aug 23, 2012 6:00 pm
Pacific Daylight Saving Time




Hi Kato,

I'm so glad you got your butt out of the library into Stanley Park.
I read the following artcle.


(beaver2.jpg)


(beaver10.jpg)

"Beaver Lake"

what a brilliant article!
It was so much fun to see those beaver pictures and to think of you wrestling one of them to the ground.
What a guy you are!

Something about those beavers just resonates with us locals & we really love them.
... hope you enjoyed learning about them as well.
Thanks so much for sending this.


(icecream2.jpg)

I just realized I haven't had an ice-cream cone all summer.
I must go out and get one tomorrow.


(dianelin3.jpg)

Love, Diane ~

 




Subj:My favorite place is

Rose Garden!



(roseg03.jpg)

From: barclay1720@aol.com
To: diane@vancouver.ca
Date: Fri, August 31, 2012 4:37:07 PM
Pacific Daylight Saving Time


Hi Diane,

What a gorgeous day we have here today!
I'm glad to see you in the library and take your advice.
You know what?
It is one of my pleasures to take a stroll in Stanley Park.
My favorite place is Rose Garden on the Malkin Bowl (open theatre) side.


(roseg02.jpg)


(roseg07.jpg)

Rose Garden at Stanley Park



I usually sit on one of the benches and read a favorite book or newpapers---24H, Georgia Straight, Vancouver Courier, etc.

Today, the library closes at 6 o'clock.
So I'll go over there.
If you happen to read this mail before six, join me at Rose Garden.

In any case, please click the following link:


(herriot95.jpg)

"God is Near!"

I've written this story just for you.
...hope you'll enjoy it to the hilt.



Your playful bohemian, Kato
with a lot of love

 



(dianef09.jpg)

Subj:The search for God is like

riding around on an ox

hunting for the ox.

Holy cow!




From: diane@vancouver.ca
To: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Fri, Aug 31, 2012 8:28 pm
Pacific Daylight Saving Time




Hi Kato,

Oh, I'm so glad you love the rose garden at Malkin Bowl.
I do as well.
It's such an elegant spot and the Parks Board maintain it with obvious love and caring.
I'm not reading this until late Friday night, so guess I've missed our proposed rendevouz, kiddo.



In any case, I hope you enjoyed your visit at the garden.

I've been so busy having a marvellous time with my forest-bathing or shinrin yoku, that I'm afraid I've been neglecting my reading.
Thanks so much for this thought-provocative article---"God is Near!"

You indeed may be right about believing in Providence, which of course by some is thought of as being another word for God.

The trouble with God is everyone you talk to has something different in mind when they talk about God.
Personally, I choose to believe without believing if you know what I mean.

My favorite definition of God is by Thomas Merton who describes God as a circle whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere.
My girlfriend Catherine describes God as omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient.

The Buddhists say the search for God is like riding around on an ox hunting for the ox.
Holy cow!



Anyhow, in the long run, it seems to me it's healthier for us all to choose to believe!

Thanks again, I really loved the above article.



Ciao, Diane ~



(24h810.gif)




Diane, did you read the above August-10 article?



Yes, I did.

It says, Canada is one of many countries experiencing a significant decline in religiosity.

I can easily imagine that.

Canada saw a 12% drop in the number of people who identify themselves as religious.  Can you belive this?

Yes, I do.

Diane, aren't you angry with this statistics?

I'm not.

Why not?  You believe in God, don't you?

Yes, I do.

It also says, the study found that religiosity declines when people prosper.  Diane, do you agree on this?

Regardless of their prosperity, people tend to lose their faith these days, I suppose.

Why is that?

People incleasingly think that they live on their own without the divine support.  But I believe there are still some people who believe in God from the bottom of their heart as the old lady in the following James Herriot's story.


God is Near!


(herriot97.jpg)


(granma2.jpg)

"You know, Mr. Herriot, it will be my turn next."


(herriot98.jpg)

"What do you mean?"

"Well, tonight Ben has gone and I'm going to be the next one. I just know it."


(dog202.jpg)



"Oh, nonsense! You're feeling a bit low, that's all. We all do when something like this happens."



"I'm not afraid.  I know there's something better waiting for me. I've never had any doubts. But I have only one fear."

"What is it, Miss Stubbs?"

"It's the dogs and cats, Mr. Herriot. I'm afraid I might never see them when I'm gone which worries me so. You see, I know I'll be reunited with my parents and brothers, but ... but ..."

"Well, why not with your animals?"

"That's just it.  They say animals have no souls."

"Who says?"

"Oh, I've read it and I know a lot of religious people believe it."

"Well, I don't believe it.  If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans. You've nothing to worry about there."

"Oh, I hope you're right. Sometimes I lie at night thinking about it."

"I know I'm right, Miss Stubbs, and don't you argue with me. They teach us vets all about animals' souls."

"I'm sorry to bore you with this and I'm not going to talk about it again. But before you go, I want you to be absolutely honest with me. I don't want reassurance from you--just the truth. I know you are very young but please tell me.  What are your beliefs? Will my animals go with me?"

"Miss Stubbs, I'm afraid I'm a bit foggy about all this.  But I'm absolutely certain of one thing. Wherever you are going, they are going too."

"Thank you, Mr. Herriot, I know you are being honest with me. That is what you really believe, isn't it?"

"I do believe it.  With all my heart I believe it."


(herriot50.jpg)

Author Profile: James Herriot






I know, there are still people like Miss Stubbs and James Herriot.



Yes, I think so, too.  There are some people who still believe in God, but the number of religious people is declining.  What will happen in the future?

Well, one of the reason is that people think they're happy.  So many people think they can live without the help of God.   Therefore, people tend to lose their faith.

I see...but I'm not happy.

Are you not, Kato?  What's wrong with you?

...Cause I had been waiting for you so long at the rose garden, but you didn't show up.  That's why I still feel so miserable.

Kato, you're over-reacting... You aren't serious, are you?

Yes, I am.

Well... Kato, why don't we take a forest-bathing together, instead of deep-thinking about God?

Yeah... that's a good idea!





【Himiko's Monologue】



I'm happy because I went to Vancouver and took a dip on the New Year's Day of 2008.





The water was warmer than the air.
Can you belive that?



Probably because I always believe in God.
So He kept me warm.

In any case, I hope Kato will write another interesting article soon.
So please come back to see me.

Have a nice day!
Bye bye ...








If you've got some time,

Please read one of the following artciles:





"Net Travel & Jane"

"Net Love"

"Complicated Love"

"Electra Complex"

"Net Début"

"Inner World"



"Madame Riviera and Burger"

"Roly-poly in the North"

"Amazing Grace"

"Diane in Paris"

"Diane in Montmartre"



"Diane Well Read"

"Wantirna South"

"Maiden's Prayer"

"Bandwidth"

"Squaw House and Melbourne Hotel"



"Tulips and Diane"

"Diane in Bustle Skirt"

"Diane and Beauty"

"Lady Chatterley and Beauty"

"Victorian Prudery"



"Diane Chatterley"

"From Canada to Japan"

"From Gyoda to Vancouver"

"Film Festival"

"Madame Taliesin"

"Happy Days"

"Vancouver Again"

"Swansea"



"Midnight in Vancouver"

"Madame Lindbergh"

"Dead Poets Society"

"Letters to Diane"

"Taliesin Studio"



"Wright and Japan"

"Taliesin Banzai"

"Memrory Lane to Sendai"

"Aunt Sleepie"

"Titanic @ Sendai"

"Birdcage"


(sylvie121.jpg)

"Roly-poly in the wild"

"Silence is dull"

"Zen and Chi Gong"

"Piano Lesson"

"Dangerous Relation"

"Electra Complex"


(juneswim.jpg)

"Covent Garden"

"Fatal Relation"

"Notre Dame"

"Anne Frank"

"Biker Babe"

"Diane Girdles the Globe"

"Diane in Casablanca"

"Infidelity Neighbourhood"

"Forest Bathing"

"Enjoy Ramen!"

"Sex, Violence, Love"

"Halifax to Vancouver"

"A Thread of Destiny"

"Fujiyama Geisha"

"Beaver Lake"

"God is Near!"






Hi, I'm June Adams.

Earth Orbit



Do you know that the Earth is rotating at about 2.9 miles (4.64 Km) per second?

The Earth is also travelling around the Sun at a speed of at a speed of 29.78 km/s---that is, 107,200 km/h!

The Sun is travelling around the Milky Way galaxy at a speed of about 142.9 miles (228.6 Km) per second.

And the Milky Way galaxy (and thus the Sun and the Earth) is travelling---relative to other galaxies---at a speed of about 3,728.23 miles (5,965.23 Km) per second.

Amazing, isn't it?




ところで、愛とロマンに満ちた

レンゲさんのお話をまとめて

『レンゲ物語』を作りました。

もし、レンゲさんの記事をまとめて読みたいならば、

次のリンクをクリックしてくださいね。

『愛とロマンのレンゲ物語』



『軽井沢タリアセン夫人 - 小百合物語』

とにかく、今日も一日楽しく愉快に

ネットサーフィンしましょうね。

じゃあね。





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿