2012年9月20日木曜日

Yoga and Ran


 
 
Yoga and Ran
 





(ran002.jpg)


(ran001.jpg)




Kato, I went over to Joe Fortes Library last night.



Oh yeah ... I was glad to see you.

Were you? ... You were so concentrated on watching the movie.  You did hardly notice me.  What on earth were you watching?

Good question! ... I was watching the following film:


(ran003.jpg)

"Ran (乱)" Trailer

by Akira Kurosawa






I see ... so, you were watching one of the samurai movies, weren't you?



Yes, I was.  It is one of the best movies.

Oh ... is it?  It seems to me too wild and violent.

I know ... I know ... but it is based on the legend of Mōri Motonari (毛利元就; one of the famous war lords in Japan) as well as on the Shakespearean tragedy King Lear.

King Lear, eh? ... Ummm ...

Diane, have you ever read the King Lear tragedy?

Don't ask me such a stupid question, Kato. The King Lear tragedy is like the tale of Genji (源氏物語)---one of the famous classic stories.  Any Canadian with an English or even Welsh or Irish background knows about the King Lear story.

Oh...?  The King Lear story is so mcuh well-known?  Tell me about it.

King Lear


(kinglear.jpg)

King Lear is a tragedy by William Shakespeare.
The title character descends into madness after foolishly disposing of his estate between two of his three daughters based on their flattery, bringing tragic consequences for all.
The play is based on the legend of Leir of Britain, a mythological pre-Roman Celtic king.
It has been widely adapted for the stage and motion pictures, and the role of Lear has been coveted and played by many of the world's most accomplished actors.

The play was written between 1603 and 1606 and later revised.
Shakespeare's earlier version, The True Chronicle of the History of the Life and Death of King Lear and His Three Daughters, was published in quarto in 1608.
The Tragedy of King Lear, a more theatrical version, was included in the 1623 First Folio.
Modern editors usually conflate the two, though some insist that each version has its individual integrity that should be preserved.

After the Restoration, the play was often revised with a happy ending for audiences who disliked its dark and depressing tone, but since the 19th century Shakespeare's original version has been regarded as one of his supreme achievements.
The tragedy is particularly noted for its probing observations on the nature of human suffering and kinship.
George Bernard Shaw wrote, "No man will ever write a better tragedy than Lear".



SOURCE: "King Lear"
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



Ummm ... sounds quite interesting.  Actually, I noticed that one of the samusai-warriors mentioned the nature of human suffering and kinship in "Ran."



Tell me, Kato ... Your concentration was beyond my understanding.  How come you watched the film so intensely?

Good question! ... Actually, I didn't watch "Ran" itself because I've seen it so many times.

Oh ... Didn't you watch "Ran"?

No, I didn't.  Instead, I watched the following film:


(ran004.jpg)

Chris Marker - "A.K." (1985) -1/6





This is a 1985 French documentary film directed by Chris Marker about the Japanese director Akira Kurosawa.



What is so good about it?

Well ... It was filmed while Kurosawa was working on "Ran," but the film focuses more on Kurosawa's remote but polite personality than on the making of the film. The film is sometimes seen as being reflective of Chris Marker's fascination with Japanese culture.

In other words, Chris Marker depicted some charms of Kurosawa as well as the Japanese culture, didn't he?

Yes, he did.  Actually, Kurosawa attracted so many film-makers.  That's one of the reasons Kurosawa received the special prize at the Academy ceremony.


(ran005.jpg)

Akira Kurosawa tribute

with George Lucas, Steven Spielberg

(黒澤明 アカデミー名誉賞)






I saw it on TV a long time ago.



Oh, did you?

By the way, Kato, how come you added "Yoga" as a title of this article?

Good question! ... 'cause you handed me a copy of newspaper article about 96-year-old Yoga teacher last night.


(yoga900.jpg)



Did Kurosawa practice Yoga as well?



No, I don't think he did, but he was quite interested in Zen (禅).  I'm pretty sure that Kurosawa was also interested in Yoga.  In any case, the above woman is quite famous.

Oh, is she?

I searched her video on the Net and found out the following clip:

93 Year Old Yoga Master





This video was taken 3 years ago.



She looks quite young for her age, doesn't she?

Yes, she does.  You know, Daine, it's been suggested that yoga keeps you young.


(yoga902.jpg)

Yoga for Your Cycle





I've been practicing yoga for years.



I know ... I know ... that's the reason you look so young and charming.

Oh, Kato, do you really think so?

Yes, I do.  Do you know, Diane, why yoga keeps you young?

I've got a hunch, but I don't really know it.  Tell me.

My answer is dopamine.  The other day I came across the following clip:

Dopamine and Yoga





Dopamine keeps you young and happy.



Do you really think so?

Well ... I think you've already known it unconsciously!




(yoga901.jpg)

Power Yoga for Happiness




【Himiko's Monologue】



Wow! Power Yoga for Happiness!
Do you see what I see?
From today on, I think I'm gonna practice yoga everyday so that I'll be able to keep myself young and happy.



How do I look?
This is how I look in the near future. ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ...

In any case, I hope Kato will write another interesting article soon.
So please come back to see me.

Have a nice day!
Bye bye ...







If you've got some time,

Please read one of the following artciles:





"Net Travel & Jane"

"Net Love"

"Complicated Love"

"Electra Complex"

"Net Début"

"Inner World"



"Madame Riviera and Burger"

"Roly-poly in the North"

"Amazing Grace"

"Diane in Paris"

"Diane in Montmartre"



"Diane Well Read"

"Wantirna South"

"Maiden's Prayer"

"Bandwidth"

"Squaw House and Melbourne Hotel"



"Tulips and Diane"

"Diane in Bustle Skirt"

"Diane and Beauty"

"Lady Chatterley and Beauty"

"Victorian Prudery"



"Diane Chatterley"

"From Canada to Japan"

"From Gyoda to Vancouver"

"Film Festival"

"Madame Taliesin"

"Happy Days"

"Vancouver Again"

"Swansea"



"Midnight in Vancouver"

"Madame Lindbergh"

"Dead Poets Society"

"Letters to Diane"

"Taliesin Studio"



"Wright and Japan"

"Taliesin Banzai"

"Memrory Lane to Sendai"

"Aunt Sleepie"

"Titanic @ Sendai"

"Birdcage"


(sylvie121.jpg)

"Roly-poly in the wild"

"Silence is dull"

"Zen and Chi Gong"

"Piano Lesson"

"Dangerous Relation"

"Electra Complex"


(juneswim.jpg)

"Covent Garden"

"Fatal Relation"

"Notre Dame"

"Anne Frank"

"Biker Babe"

"Diane Girdles the Globe"

"Diane in Casablanca"

"Infidelity Neighbourhood"

"Forest Bathing"

"Enjoy Ramen!"

"Sex, Violence, Love"

"Halifax to Vancouver"

"A Thread of Destiny"

"Fujiyama Geisha"

"Beaver Lake"

"God is Near!"

"Holy Cow@Rose Garden"






Hi, I'm June Adams.

Dopamine is a monoamine neurotransmitter which plays a number of important physiological roles in the bodies of animals.

In the brain, dopamine functions as a neurotransmitter---a chemical released by nerve cells to send signals to other nerve cells.

Dopamine is produced in several areas of the brain, including the substantia nigra and the ventral tegmental area.

Dopamine plays a major role in the brain system that is responsible for reward-driven learning.

Every type of reward that has been studied increases the level of dopamine transmission in the brain, and a variety of highly addictive drugs, including stimulants such as cocaine and methamphetamine, act directly on the dopamine system.

There is evidence that people with extraverted (reward-seeking) personality types tend to show higher levels of dopamine activity than people with introverted personalities.

Several important diseases of the nervous system are associated with dysfunctions of the dopamine system.

Parkinson's disease, an age-related degenerative condition causing tremor and motor impairment, is caused by loss of dopamine-secreting neurons in the substantia nigra.

So, if you want to stay young, you might as well practice yoga to increase dopamine.


ところで、愛とロマンに満ちた

レンゲさんのお話をまとめて

『レンゲ物語』を作りました。

もし、レンゲさんの記事をまとめて読みたいならば、

次のリンクをクリックしてくださいね。

『愛とロマンのレンゲ物語』



『軽井沢タリアセン夫人 - 小百合物語』

とにかく、今日も一日楽しく愉快に

ネットサーフィンしましょうね。

じゃあね。





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿