2013年4月23日火曜日

Romance@South Pacific

  
 
Romance@South Pacific








(fiji28big.jpg+monroe93c.png+monroe93d.png)



(tahiti28d.jpg)




Kato, where are we?



Diane, wake up!  Look around!


(fiji28d.jpg)



June is here with us.



Yes, you're telling me.  Now, you know where we are, don't you?

I have no idea.  Where on earth are we?

Diane, wake up!  Take your time and look around with your sleepy eyes wide-open!


(tahiti27d.jpg)



We are not definitely in Vancouver, are we?



Of course, not!


(tahiti31b.jpg)



Kato, just tell me where in the world we are.



We're in the South Pacific.

How come?

Well ... you and I went to the SeaWorld.


(dolphin99.jpg)



I don't remember.



Oh, come on, Diane.  You've read the following article, haven't you?


(piglet02.jpg)


(puppy02.jpg)

"Pork or Friend?"



Yes, I've read the above article.



Then you must remember the following video clip.

SeaWorld's "Dolphin Discovery" Show





Yes, yes, yes, ... Now I remember.  Dolphins are quite intelligent, aren't they?  Personally, I like dolphins more than dogs and cats.



I know you really adore those intelligent creatures.  That's why I've brought you here in Moorea---the island paradise of Tahiti.


(pacific3.gif)


(pacific6.gif)



But how come we're in Moorea among all other Pacific islands?



...'Cause you can play with a dolphin here.

Play with Dolphin in Moorea





Wow!  This dolphin is quite cute, isn't it?



You're telling me, Diane.  Now, see how Tahitians are enjoying life.

Life in Tahiti





Now, Let's go to Fiji.


(pacific3.gif)



Why is that?



We'd like to try surfing, wouldn't we?

Surfing in Fiji





Wow!  What a giant wave!



Thrilling and exciting, isn't it?  Now, we should see a famous Fijian dancer.





Wow!  What an amazing dance!  Kato, did you see the girl's fascinating hip movements?



Yes, yes, yes, ... so sexy!  Maybe, we should go to Bora Bora.

Why is that?

Well ... I'd like to dine with you in a romantic setting.


(tahiti24.jpg)

Bora Bora - Paradise on earth




(fiji21.jpg)



So, Kato, where do we dine?



Come over here, Diane.


(tahiti21d.jpg)



Oh, Kato, what a lovely and romantic setting it is!



Do you like it?

Yes, of course, I love it.  But how come you've brought me here to the South Pacific all the way from Vancouver?

Well ... Last Wedesday, I borrowed a DVD from the library.


(lib30422.gif)

"Actual Shelf Page"



I watched Number 229---"Tahiti & Fiji."


(lib30422d.gif)

"Actual Catalogue Page"



Then Last night, I watched a romantic movie---"South Pacific."

South Pacific (1958)

Original Trailer






I see... So, that's the reason you've brought me here in the South Pacific in your dream, isn't it?



Yes, you're telling me, Diane.


(fiji27.jpg)


(tahiti22e.jpg)


(tahiti26c.jpg)


(tahiti28d.jpg)



How did you like the travel with me in the South Pacific?



Kato, you're such a hopeless romantist.

I know, I know, I know ...




【Himiko's Monologue】



Wow! What nice pictures of the South Pacific they are!
I wish I were over there with both Diane and Kato.
Then I should be able to show them my fla dance.


(fijigal3.jpg)



In any case, I hope Kato will write another interesting article soon.
So please come back to see me.

Have a nice day!
Bye bye ...







If you've got some time,

Please read one of the following artciles:





"Wright and Japan"

"Taliesin Banzai"

"Memrory Lane to Sendai"

"Aunt Sleepie"

"Titanic @ Sendai"

"Birdcage"


(sylvie121.jpg)

"Roly-poly in the wild"

"Silence is dull"

"Zen and Chi Gong"

"Piano Lesson"

"Dangerous Relation"

"Electra Complex"


(juneswim.jpg)

"Covent Garden"

"Fatal Relation"

"Notre Dame"

"Anne Frank"

"Biker Babe"

"Diane Girdles the Globe"

"Diane in Casablanca"

"Infidelity Neighbourhood"

"Forest Bathing"

"Enjoy Ramen!"

"Sex, Violence, Love"



"Halifax to Vancouver"

"A Thread of Destiny"

"Fujiyama Geisha"

"Beaver Lake"

"God is Near!"

"Holy Cow@Rose Garden"

"Vancouver Earthquake"

"Birthplace"



"KIFF"

"You Love Japan, eh?"

"Eight Bridges"

"First Love"

"Fright on Flight"

"Boy's Movie"

"From Summer to Eternity"

"Sōseki & Glenn Gould"


(biker302.jpg)

"Dream Dream Dream"

"In Search of Your Footprint"

"Little Night Music"

"Merry X'mas"

"Happy New Year!"

"Long live Diane!"

"Mona Lisa"

"Flu Shot"

"Selfish TD Bank"

"Talk with Mozart"



"Bliss for Diane!"

"Romantic Bohemian"

"TD Bank or Mozart?"

"Diane@TD Bank"

"Tear Jerker"

"Diane in Chorus Line"

"Pork or Friend?"

"Easter Bloopers"

"Beauty is Heart-deep"






Hi, I'm June Adams.

South Pacific is a 1958 American romantic film based on the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical South Pacific.

It was directed by Joshua Logan, starred Rossano Brazzi, Mitzi Gaynor, John Kerr and Ray Walston in the leading roles with Juanita Hall as Bloody Mary, the part that she had played in the original stage production.


(tahigal4.jpg)

One of the differences between the film version and the Broadway version of the musical is that the first and second scenes of the play are switched around, together with all the songs contained in those two scenes.

The stage version begins with Nellie and Emile's first scene together on the plantation, then proceeds to show Bloody Mary, Lieutenant Joe Cable, and the Seabees on the beach, while in the film version Lieutenant Cable is shown at the very beginning being flown by plane to the island, where the Seabees and Bloody Mary have their first musical numbers.

South Pacific

Broadway Show Feature




The first musical number in the film is "Bloody Mary", sung by the Seabees, while in the stage version it is "Dites-moi", sung by Emile's children.

Emile is not shown in the film until about thirty minutes into it.

In the film, Nellie first appears during the scene with the Seabees.

Because of the switch, the show's most famous song, "Some Enchanted Evening," is not heard until nearly forty-five minutes into the film, while in the show it is heard about fifteen minutes after Act I starts.


ところで、愛とロマンに満ちた

レンゲさんのお話をまとめて

『レンゲ物語』を作りました。

もし、レンゲさんの記事をまとめて読みたいならば、

次のリンクをクリックしてくださいね。

『愛とロマンのレンゲ物語』



『軽井沢タリアセン夫人 - 小百合物語』

とにかく、今日も一日楽しく愉快に

ネットサーフィンしましょうね。

じゃあね。





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿