2011年6月30日木曜日

Net Love

 
 
Net Love
 
 








Subj:Summer is just around the corner!

Ciao....Kato




From: barclay1720@aol.com
To: diane@vancouver.ca
Date: Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:28:06 PM
Pacific Daylight Saving Time




Hi, Diane.

How's it going?
Summer is just around the corner, I suppose.
I feel great.
How about you?

By the way, I appreciate fine pictures you've sent me so far.







As usual, I've written an article about those nice pictures.
Please click at the following link:



"Net Travel and Jane"

 Thursday, June 23, 2011


We don't have a lot of sunshine today.
no rain, either.
Anyway, it's a good idea for you to stay in the library and to read my blog.
Get a merry-making laugh!
Have a nice day!

Ciao with a lot of love.



Kato

 




Subj:Yes, summer is

just around the corner!


From: diane@vancouver.ca
To: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Thu, Jun 23, 2011 4:23 pm.
Pacific Daylight Saving Time


Hi Kato,

Well, it sure feels like summer today.
... guess we'll have to get right out there and enjoy it while it lasts.
Thanks for the notes you sent.

I always find those interesting.
And I DID forget about all those photos I've sent you.
It was good to see them once again.



I don't know if Mr. Rochester and Jane Eyre's relationship would have survived the internet.
It seems to me it can actually be a deterrent to relationships.
More face-to-face interactions and time spent in nature would probably do far more for us than anything virtual could ever do.
Don't you agree, Kato?

Especially for the young people of this country (possibly Japan as well) who are growing progressively more obese and sedentary as time goes on.
Having said that, though, I think it's great that so many people are influenced and appreciative of your blog.
It must feel good to be able to make that kind of impact.

Now, off the beach you go, kiddo.
There just may be the perfect woman waiting for you there right now! :)



Love, Diane ~




Kato, are you thinking that you've witten a love letter?



Well..., what do you think, Diane?

I'm asking you, dodo.

Look at the tiny chap below:



Whenever I write you a note, I feel like this chap, you know.  Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha...

Very funny...

Diane, you sound sarcastic---if not encouraging.  He, he, he, he, he ...

Aa I wrote, you should get out of the library and go to the beach, then you'll find your favorite Marilyn-Monroe look-alike, I suppose.

Do you really think so, Diane?

Yes, I believe so.

Oh, well..., I'll certainly skip to the English Bay on the next sunny day.





Please do...you look pale these days while staying in the library as if you were confined in a jail.



Oh, yes, I'll take your advice.  By the way, Diane, talking about the relationship between Mr. Rochester and Jane Eyre, I absolutely agree with you.  Oh, yes, more face-to-face interactions and time spent in nature would probably do far more for us than anything virtual could ever do.

Do you really agree on that?

Yes, most definitely. You're absolutely right.  Especially the young people in Canada as well as in Japan are growing progressively more obese, living in a virtual world and staring at the computer screen all the time. Those kids look like a bunch of fat pigs on the keyboards.

Kato, you're almost copying the life style of such an obese kid.

No, I'm not, Diane.  Look at me!  I'm not as fat as one of those obese computer nerds.  I'm like a skinny Socrates, you know.  He, he, he, he, he ...

As far as obesity is concerned, you're for sure like a skinny scarecrow.  :)  But It seems to me, Kato, you live in a virtual world.
 You definitely need more face-to-face interactions.  And spend more time in a natural world.

I agree with you, Diane, in general. Yet, I would say, people tend to spend meaningless hours, chit-chating on end. They say, they're having a good time, but when the party is over, they often realize deep inside that they've wasted valuable time in life.  Have you ever thought like that, Diane?

Well..., yes, once in a while I feel like that. Meeting some stupid guys in a topsy-turvy party, I felt obliged to talk to some of those morons, though they didn't interest me in any way at all.  In such a noisy and monotonous party, I would probably waste my time.  It would be better off if I read one of life-improving yoga pages on the net.

You see, Diane. Talking about a seemingly happy couple, they don't really understand each other, even though both of them have face-to-face interactions everyday.

Kato, do you know such a couple?

Oh, yes, I do.  I'll show you a most illustrious couple here. Please read the following excerpt:


The Chatroom Lovers



A married couple are divorcing after they chatted each other up on the Internet using fake names.

Sana Klaric and husband Adnan poured their hearts out to each other over their marriage troubles.

Using the names 'Sweetie' and 'Prince of Joy' in an online chatroom, the pair thought they had found a soulmate with whom to spend the rest of their lives.

It should have turned out like a real-life version of the 1979 Rupert Holmes song, Escape, where a couple meet through advert by someone 'who likes pina coladas and getting caught in the rain'.

But, unlike in the song, there was no happy ending after they turned up for a date and realised their mistake.
Now the pair, from Zenica, Central Bosnia, are divorcing after accusing each other of being unfaithful.

Sana, 27, said: 'I was suddenly in love. It was amazing, we seemed to be stuck in the same kind of miserable marriages. How right that turned out to be.'

But when it dawned on her what had happened, she said: 'I felt so betrayed.'

Adnan, 32, said: 'I still find it hard to believe that Sweetie, who wrote such wonderful things, is actually the same woman I married and who has not said a nice word to me for years.'






SOURCE: "The Chatroom Lovers"
PICTURES: from the Denman Library

QUOTED IN: "Tragedy on the Net"
(In Japanese)
(『ネット恋愛の悲劇』)




Unbelievable!  Kato, I can hardly believe this!



Well, any couple tend to know each other quite well. Yet, deep inside, they seldom know their partner, though they have plenty of face-to-face interactions, as Sana Klaric and husband Adnan showed in the above episode.

Yes, you're right in a sense.

The funny thing is that people get along with very well in the chatroom on the net.

Why is that?

Well, I'd say, people tend to more sincere and straight-forward on the net.  Don't you think so, Diane?

Well, yes and no... As I said, more face-to-face interactions in a real would probably do far more for us than anything virtual could ever do.

But look at Sana and Adnan, who went bad in a real world and found a soulmate in a virtual world.  As far as Sana and Adnan are concerned, they are an ideal couple on the net.

Yes, that's true.

So, some people get even happier on the net.  Don't you think so, Diane?

Well..., I'm not too sure.

Look at Mr. Rochester and Jane Eyre, for instance.


Half dream, half reality



"And these dreams weigh on your spirits now, Jane, when I am close to you? Little nervous subject! Forget visionary woe, and think only of real happiness! You say you love me, Janet: yes---I will not forget that; and you cannot deny it. Those words did not die inarticulate on your lips. I heard them clear and soft: a thought too solemn perhaps, but sweet as music---'I think it is a glorious thing to have the hope of living with you, Edward, because I love you.' Do you love me, Jane? repeat it."

"I do sir,---I do, with my whole heart."

"Well," he said, after some minutes' silence, "it is strange; but that sentence has penetrated my breast painfully. Why? I think because you said it with such an earnest, religious energy; and because your upward gaze at me now is the very sublime of faith, truth, and devotion: it is too much as if some spirit were near me. Look wicked, Jane; as you know well how to look: coin one of your wild, shy, provoking smiles; tell me you hate me---tease me, vex me: do anything but move me: I would rather be incensed than saddened."

"I will tease you and vex you to your heart's content, when I have finished my tale: but hear me to the end."

"I thought, Jane, you had told me all. I thought I had found the source of your melancholy in a dream!"



"I dreamt another dream, sir: that Thornfield Hall was a dreary ruin, the retreat of bats and owls. ... The shape standing before me had never crossed my eyes within the precincts of Thornfield Hall before; the height, the contour were new to me. ... It seemed, sir, a woman, tall and large, with thick and dark hair hanging long down her back. ... Oh, sir, I never saw a face like it! It was a discoloured face---it was a savage face. I wish I could forget the roll of the red eyes and the fearful blackened inflation of the lineaments!"

...

"Ah!---what did it do?"

"Sir, it removed my veil from its gaunt head, rent it in two parts, and flinging both on the floor, trampled on them."

...

"And since I cannot do it, Jane, it must have been unreal."

"But, sir, when I said so to myself on rising this morning, and when I looked round the room to gather courage and comfort from the cheerful aspect of each familiar object in full daylight, there---on the carpet---I saw what gave the distinct lie to my hypothesis,---the veil, torn from top to bottom in two halves!"

I felt Mr. Rochester start and shudder; ...

"Now, Janet, I'll explain to you all about it. It was half dream, half reality: a woman did, I doubt not, enter your room: and that woman was---must have been---Grace Poole."




SOURCE: Chapter 25 "Jane Eyre"








You see, Diane, Mr. Rochester and Jane had face-to-face interactions in half dream and half reality, without knowing it.



half dream and half reality?

Yes, that's it.  For Jane Eyre, Mr. Rochester created a virtual world where the reality was hidden on purpose.  So, in the virtual world, Mr. Rochester and Jane fell in love and seemed to be such an ideal couple as Sana and Adnan were on the net.

What is the reality?

That ghost-like woman in the above episode was not Grace Poole, but Mr. Rochester's mad wife, whom he hid intentionally.  And as soon as Jane Eyre came to know the mad wife, Jane broke up with Mr. Rochester and escaped from Thornfield Hall.

I see.

The funny thing is that Jane accepted the virtual world at the end and got married with Mr. Rochester, and then the couple lived happily ever after unlike Sana and Adnan.





But, Kato, "Jane Eyre" is a fiction after all.



Yes, that's right, Diane.  But the fiction tells us that face-to-face interactions in a virtual world sometimes create a great deal of happiness as Mr. Rochester and Jane show at the end.

So, Kato, you belive in the net world, don't you?

Yes, I do.  And you seemed to agree on this point because you admitted:




Having said that, though, I think it's great that so many people are influenced and appreciative of your blog.

It must feel good to be able to make that kind of impact.



 

【Himiko's Monologue】



Yes, I belive in the net world, too.
Why don't you believe in that?

Don't you think that the chatroom will produce couples like Mr. Rochester and Jane in the near future---maybe, even at present?

Oh, well..., the virtual world is one thing; romance is another.

Come to think of it, I've never met a decent man in my life.
How come I'm always a loner?
I wish I could meet a nice gentleman at the library in my town as Kato met Diane.
Well, they say, there is a way where there is a will.

Have a nice day!
Bye bye ...









"Cleopatra"

"Queen Nefertiti"

"Catherine de Medici"

"Catherine the Great"



"Mata Hari"

"Sidonie Colette"



"Marilyn Monroe"

"Hello Diane!"

"I wish you were there!"

"Jane Eyre"



"Jane Eyre Again"

"Jane Eyre in Vancouver"

"Jane Eyre Special"

"Love & Death of Cleopatra"

"Nice Story"



"Scrumdiddlyumptious"

"Spiritual Work or What?"

"What a coincidence!"



"Wind and Water"

"Yoga and Happiness"

"You're in a good shape"



"Hellelujah!"

"Ecclesiophobia"

"Uncorruptible"

"Net Travel & Jane"




ィ~ハァ~♪~!

メチャ面白い、

ためになる関連記事





■ 『きれいになったと感じさせる

下着・ランジェリーを見つけませんか?』


■ 『ちょっと変わった 新しい古代日本史』

■ 『面白くて楽しいレンゲ物語』



■ 『カナダのバーナビーと軽井沢に

別荘を持つことを夢見る小百合さんの物語』


■ 『今すぐに役立つホットな情報』

■ 『 ○ 笑う者には福が来る ○ 』



『夢とロマンの横浜散歩』

『愛とロマンの小包』

『下つきだねって言われて…』



『銀幕の愛』

『パリの空の下で』

『夢の中華パン』

『愛の進化論』



『漫画家と平和(2011年3月6日)』

『漫画家の壁(2011年3月10日)』

『漫画家と奴隷(2011年3月12日)』



『畳の上の水練(2011年3月15日)』

『パール判事とゴーマン(2011年3月18日)』

『軍隊のない国(2011年3月21日)』

『士風と「葉隠」(2011年3月23日)』

『アナクロニズム(2011年3月27日)』





こんにちは。ジューンです。

わたしは「ジェーン エア」を何度も観ました。

いつ観ても感動的です。

主人公ジェーンは孤児になって、

叔母のリード夫人に引き取られて育てられます。

でもリード夫人にもその子供達からも

苛められるのですわ。

やがて、ジェーンは私立学校に送られます。

そこで優しいテンプル先生や

ヘレン・バーンズと出会います。

記事の中の"Slattern"と書かれた板は

へレンが両手をきれいにしていなかったために

他の厳しい先生にとがめられて

罰として首からぶら下げられたのです。

その前に鞭(ムチ)で両手を打たれるのですけれど、

現在なら児童虐待で逆に先生の方が

訴えられてしまうかもしれません。

とにかく、現在の感覚で観ていると

あまりにも厳しい生活に観ているわたしの方こそ

身震いしてしまいます。

そのヘレンは学校内の伝染病にかかって

亡くなってしまうのです。

わずか12年の生涯でした。

本当に可哀想です。

とにかく、涙がこみ上げてくる場面がたくさんあります。

あなたもぜひ観てくださいね。



ところで、愛とロマンに満ちた

レンゲさんのお話をまとめて

『レンゲ物語』を作りました。

もし、レンゲさんの記事をまとめて読みたいならば、

次のリンクをクリックしてくださいね。

『愛とロマンのレンゲ物語』



とにかく、今日も一日楽しく愉快に

ネットサーフィンしましょうね。

じゃあね。




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿