2011年6月16日木曜日

Uncorruptible

 
 
 
Uncorruptible
 
 


"Sexy Jane Eyre"





Thanks a lot for

letting me know the right word.

Hallelujah!

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,...




From: barclay1720@aol.com
To: diane03760@vancouver.ca
Date: Sunday, June 12, 2011 3:21:07 PM




Hi, Diane.

How's it going?
So, Diane, you're taking the restorative yoga class, eh?
hmmmm...restorative yoga...sounds interesting!
Your friend brings her Indian tambora and plays it while she sings.
She also frequently sprinkles lavender scent into the air, doesn't she?
Wow! As you say, it must be heavenly.



You sort of just float out of there at the end of the yoga class, eh?
Hallelujah!
...sounds like a marijuana party...Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ...

Oh, pardon me. I shouldn't say a "marijuana party" since you're reasonably scrupulous. :)
Yeah...I wish I had taken a part in such a mind-boggling gathering.

You can tell me for absolute certain you're not incorruptible, can't you?
Hallelujah for that!

You know Diane?
Oh, yes, I can easily understand it because even the angel-like Helen Burns goofed it up once in a while as described in the end of Chapter 7 ("Jane Eyre"), which goes like this:




Helen Burns asked some slight question about her work of Miss Smith, was chidden for the triviality of the inquiry, returned to her place, and smiled at me as she again went by.

What a smile! I remember it now, and I know that it was the effluence of fine intellect, of true courage; it lit up her marked lineaments, her thin face, her sunken grey eye, like a reflection from the aspect of an angel.

Yet at that moment Helen Burns wore on her arm, 'the untidy badge'; scarcely an hour ago I had heard her condemned by Miss Scatcherd to a dinner of bread and water on the morrow, because she had blotted an exsercise in copying it out.
Such is the imperfect nature of man!




Oh, yes, how true you are, Diane!
You can tell me for absolute certain you're not incorruptible!
Such is the imperfect nature of man! He, he, he, he, he,...

By the way, even the Oxford English dictionary is not incorruptible!
To tell you the truth, I came across with the word "incorruptible" in the first place.
However, English is my second language.
So, I thought "uncorruptible" might as well be the righteous word.
To be on the safe side, I looked it up in the above dictionary.

Voila! The word "uncorruptible" is shown in a couple of sentences as example.
So, you believe it or not, I used "uncorruptible" instead of "incorruptible" in the previous e-mail.

When I read your mail, you've used the word "incorruptible."
And now I know that "incorruptible" is the right word.
Well, I can learn by mistakes, can't I?
Anyway, thanks a lot for letting me know the right word.









I'm in the main library.
It's 3 o'clock in the aftrenoon.
I've got to write a rather long article and won't be able to come to Joe Fortes Library.

Come to think of it, you may be basking in the sunshine on the English Bay, instead of sitting at the computer.
In any case, have a nice day!

Ciao with a lot of love.

Kato

 




Yes, I love yoga.



From: diane03760@vancouver.ca
To: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Tue, Jun 14, 2011 4:47 pm.




Hi Kato,

Thanks for your e-mail.
As usual a thoughtful, fascinating piece.
I still say you should have been a investigative journalist; still time, though, kiddo.

And, you're right, our yoga classes are simply divine---a gift if there ever was one.
One day we'll drag you out of the VPL and into the yoga studio ... :)



Love, Diane ~






Kato, are you sure that the Oxford English Dictionary has shown you "uncorruptible" in an example?



Yeah, you bet...I'll show you the proof.





Amazing!...



You see?...It doesn't even say that "uncorruptible" is incorrect, though it also shows "incorruptible" as an equivalent.

I see...

So, I did Google-search on both words.





Apparently, Google thinks that "incorruptible" is more desirable than "uncorruptible."



...looks like it, doesn't it?

Yes, it does. Yet, in the search-result are 132,000 entries, which are quite a lot.

How about the other result?





2,960,000 entries in the search-result!



So, obviously, people prefer "incorruptible" to "uncorruptible," don't they?

Yes,...looks like it.

By the way, Kato, I like your mole joke.

Oh, do you?

Yes, very much so...


He always makes a mountain

out of a molehill.






Oh, yes...so, diane, you think I'm always making a mountain out of a molehill, don't you?



Yes, absolutely, I do.

You're mistaken, Daine...I'm always make fun out of a molehill.










SOURCE: "Ecclesiophobia"
(Monday, June 13, 2011)




I'm glad to hear that. Oh, well...since you mentioned it, I'll show you even more interesting video clips.












【Himiko's Monologue】



Wow! What amazing video clips!
I like the cat clip, which is quite hilarious.
Don't you think so?

Anyway, the funny cat is one thing; romance is another.
Come to think of it, I've never met a decent man in my life.
How come I'm always a loner?
I wish I could meet a nice gentleman at the library in my town as Kato met Diane.
Well, they say, there is a way where there is a will.

Have a nice day!
Bye bye ...









"Cleopatra"

"Queen Nefertiti"

"Catherine de Medici"

"Catherine the Great"



"Mata Hari"

"Sidonie Colette"



"Marilyn Monroe"

"Hello Diane!"

"I wish you were there!"

"Jane Eyre"



"Jane Eyre Again"

"Jane Eyre in Vancouver"

"Jane Eyre Special"

"Love & Death of Cleopatra"

"Nice Story"



"Scrumdiddlyumptious"

"Spiritual Work or What?"

"What a coincidence!"



"Wind and Water"

"Yoga and Happiness"

"You're in a good shape"



"Ecclesiophobia"

"Hallelujah!"



"Sexy Jane Eyre"




ィ~ハァ~♪~!

メチャ面白い、

ためになる関連記事





■ 『きれいになったと感じさせる

下着・ランジェリーを見つけませんか?』


■ 『ちょっと変わった 新しい古代日本史』

■ 『面白くて楽しいレンゲ物語』



■ 『カナダのバーナビーと軽井沢に

別荘を持つことを夢見る小百合さんの物語』


■ 『今すぐに役立つホットな情報』

■ 『 ○ 笑う者には福が来る ○ 』



『夢とロマンの横浜散歩』

『愛とロマンの小包』

『下つきだねって言われて…』



『銀幕の愛』

『パリの空の下で』

『夢の中華パン』

『愛の進化論』



『漫画家と平和(2011年3月6日)』

『漫画家の壁(2011年3月10日)』

『漫画家と奴隷(2011年3月12日)』



『畳の上の水練(2011年3月15日)』

『パール判事とゴーマン(2011年3月18日)』

『軍隊のない国(2011年3月21日)』

『士風と「葉隠」(2011年3月23日)』

『アナクロニズム(2011年3月27日)』





こんにちは。ジューンです。

わたしは「ジェーン エア」を何度も観ました。

いつ観ても感動的です。

主人公ジェーンは孤児になって、

叔母のリード夫人に引き取られて育てられます。

でもリード夫人にもその子供達からも

苛められるのですわ。

やがて、ジェーンは私立学校に送られます。

そこで優しいテンプル先生や

ヘレン・バーンズと出会います。



映画の中の"Slattern"と書かれた板は

へレンが両手をきれいにしていなかったために

他の厳しい先生にとがめられて

罰として首からぶら下げられたのです。

その前に鞭(ムチ)で両手を打たれるのですけれど、

現在なら児童虐待で逆に先生の方が

訴えられてしまうかもしれません。

とにかく、現在の感覚で観ていると

あまりにも厳しい生活に観ているわたしの方こそ

身震いしてしまいます。

そのヘレンは学校内の伝染病にかかって

亡くなってしまうのです。

わずか12年の生涯でした。



本当に可哀想です。

とにかく、涙がこみ上げてくる場面がたくさんあります。

あなたもぜひ観てくださいね。



ところで、愛とロマンに満ちた

レンゲさんのお話をまとめて

『レンゲ物語』を作りました。

もし、レンゲさんの記事をまとめて読みたいならば、

次のリンクをクリックしてくださいね。

『愛とロマンのレンゲ物語』



とにかく、今日も一日楽しく愉快に

ネットサーフィンしましょうね。

じゃあね。




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿