2011年6月24日金曜日

Net Travel and Jane

 
 
 
Net Travel and Jane






"In case I married Miss Ingram, both you and little Adèle had better trot forthwith. I pass over the sort of slur conveyed in this suggestion on the character of my beloved; indeed, when you are far away, Janet, I'll try to forget it: I shall notice only its wisdom; which is such that I have made it my law of action. Adèle must go to school; and you, Miss Eyre, must get a new situation."

"Yes, sir, I will advertise immediately: and meantime I suppose---" I was going to say, "I suppose I may stay here, till I find another shelter to betake myself to:" but I stopped, feeling it would not do to risk a long sentence, for my voice was not quite under command.

"In about a month I hope to be a bridegroom," continued Mr. Rochester; "and in the interim I shall myself look out for employment and an asylum for you."

"Thank you, sir; I am sorry to give---"

"Oh, no need to apologise! I consider that when a dependent does her duty as well as you have done yours, she has a sort of claim upon her employer for any little assistance he can conveniently render her; indeed I have already, through my future mother-in-law, heard of a place that I think will suit: it is to undertake the education of the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall of Bitternutt Lodge, Connaught, Ireland. You'll like Ireland, I think: they're such warm-hearted people there, they say."

"It is a long way off, sir."

"No matter---a girl of your sense will not object to the voyage or the distance."

"Not the voyage, but the distance: and then the sea is a barrier---"

"From what, Jane?"

"From England and from Thornfield: and---"

"Well?"

"From you, sir...It is a long way."

"It is, to be sure; and when you get to Bitternutt Lodge, Connaught, Ireland, I shall never see you again, Jane: that's morally certain. I never go over to Ireland, not having myself much of a fancy for the country. We have been good friends, Jane; have we not?"

"Yes, sir."

"And when friends are on the eve of separation, they like to spend the little time that remains to them close to each other. Come---we'll talk over thye voyage and the parting quietly, half an hour or so, while the stars enter into their shining life up in heaven yonder: here is the chestnut tree: here is the bench at its old roots. Come, we will sit there in peace to-night, though we should never more be destined to sit there together."






SOURCE: Chapter 23, "Jane Eyre"
PICTURES: from the Denman Library








Kato, how come you've quoted the above long passage from "Jane Eyre"?



Well..., first of all, we're good friends, aren't we, Diane?  Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha...

Yes, I'd think so. That's what you wanted to tell me, isn't it?

Oh, yeah...!  Besides, you see, Diane... Mr. Rochester and Jane are good friends, yet if they separated, they could hardly keep in touch with each other in those days---before Internet.

So, Kato, you think, if both lived at present, the above scene would sound stupid, don't you?

Yeah, that's right.

How come you're so sure about it?

...'Cause, even if Mr. Rochester and Jane were separated at present, Jane would send an e-mail to Mr. Rochester, and vice versa---just like you sent me the following mail:





Wow!...beautiful pictures! Kato, I’ve almost forgotten.  Yes, I did send it, didn't I?  Actually, Eileen sent the original to Martin, who in turn sent it to me.



You know, Diane...If Jane went to the Netherlands instead of Ireland, she would definitely send the above mail to Mr. Rochester.

Yes, more than likely, I would say.

And Jane would do so as often as she likes---just like you did.





So, Kato...you keep it, huh?



Yes, I do.  I might as well go to the 2016 Olympic to see the solar city tower.

It's so futuristic, isn't it?

You're telling me, Diane.  You also sent me this:





Do you like a river over a river?



You bet, Diane.  I might as well visit the city of Magdeburg to see it.

I wonder if the net has anything to do with Jane Eyre.

Of course, it does.  If Mr. Rochester and Jane lived in this Internet age, they would be much happier.

Why is that?

...'Cause they could frequently communicate each other on the net, even if they lived far apart.  That would definitely result in a much happier ending.  Mr. Rochester wouldn't have lost his arm and eye sight.

Do you really think so?

Yes, I do most definitely.

I'm thinking differently.

Oh...? How do you mean?

The other day, I came across the following list.


How much time do visitors spend

browsing a web page?





Time in
Page       Country
(Seconds)




42.2 China

37.5 Brazil

27.2 Spain

26.2 France

23.9 Australia

23.7 India

20.8 United Kingdom

20.6 U.S.A

20.2 Japan

20.0 Canada

19.9 Germany

19.2 Italy

13.9 Netherlands

13.8 Israel




SOURCE: "Puzzling Web Habits
Across the Globe (Part 1)"





The above list is quite interesting, Diane.  So, net surfers seldom stay long in a web page, do they?



No, the surfers don't stay long. They often flip over pages.  Therefore, I doubt that the Net would improve their relationship even if they both lived in this Internet age.

Well, I think you're right in general, Diane.   But it all depents...

...depends on what?

You see...People spend many hours on the Net.  I spend at least three hours everyday on the net, and extra three hours on the computer offline.  Do you know why?

Tell me why you spend so many hours a day.

...'Cause I can certainly improve my life.

Oh, really?

Yes, of course, I can.

Any proof, Kato?

Yes, I have some proof.  Look at my blog!



■ "Kato's Blog"



This is an article posted on June 22, 2011.



So what?

Well...,if you click at the following green bar on the left-hand side of the above page, you can see the visitors on my blog.

   Real-time view - Menu   

When you click it, the following pop-up window will show up:





What is so good about the above live traffic analysis?



The above page shows all the visitors on my blog from 8:47 a.m till 10:45 a.m.---for about two hours.  Look at the leftmost symbol!  The green arrow shows an arrival; the red arrow, a departure.  That is, only four visitors left my blog during this time while the rest stay.

So what...?

Well..., those staying visitors find my blog interesting---if not life-improving. He, he, he, he, he...

I see...the lady in a fine lingerie says, "The kids are asleep. Let's have some hanky panky!"  Is that what you call life-improving?

No, I mean life-producing! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha...


【Himiko's Monologue】



I think Kato has a peculiar sense of humor.
Don't you think?

Anyway, there are so many beautiful pictures.
The solar city tower looks so futuristic.

Yes, that's true.
It is like a net travel.
I really enjoy the virtual journey in this page.

Net travel is one thing; romance is another.

Well, come to think of it, I've never met a decent man in my life.
How come I'm always a loner?
I wish I could meet a nice gentleman at the library in my town as Kato met Diane.
Well, they say, there is a way where there is a will.

Have a nice day!
Bye bye ...









"Cleopatra"

"Queen Nefertiti"

"Catherine de Medici"

"Catherine the Great"



"Mata Hari"

"Sidonie Colette"



"Marilyn Monroe"

"Hello Diane!"

"I wish you were there!"

"Jane Eyre"



"Jane Eyre Again"

"Jane Eyre in Vancouver"

"Jane Eyre Special"

"Love & Death of Cleopatra"

"Nice Story"



"Scrumdiddlyumptious"

"Spiritual Work or What?"

"What a coincidence!"



"Wind and Water"

"Yoga and Happiness"

"You're in a good shape"



"Hellelujah!"

"Ecclesiophobia"

"Uncorruptible"




ィ~ハァ~♪~!

メチャ面白い、

ためになる関連記事





■ 『きれいになったと感じさせる

下着・ランジェリーを見つけませんか?』


■ 『ちょっと変わった 新しい古代日本史』

■ 『面白くて楽しいレンゲ物語』



■ 『カナダのバーナビーと軽井沢に

別荘を持つことを夢見る小百合さんの物語』


■ 『今すぐに役立つホットな情報』

■ 『 ○ 笑う者には福が来る ○ 』



『夢とロマンの横浜散歩』

『愛とロマンの小包』

『下つきだねって言われて…』



『銀幕の愛』

『パリの空の下で』

『夢の中華パン』

『愛の進化論』



『漫画家と平和(2011年3月6日)』

『漫画家の壁(2011年3月10日)』

『漫画家と奴隷(2011年3月12日)』



『畳の上の水練(2011年3月15日)』

『パール判事とゴーマン(2011年3月18日)』

『軍隊のない国(2011年3月21日)』

『士風と「葉隠」(2011年3月23日)』

『アナクロニズム(2011年3月27日)』





こんにちは。ジューンです。

わたしは「ジェーン エア」を何度も観ました。

いつ観ても感動的です。

主人公ジェーンは孤児になって、

叔母のリード夫人に引き取られて育てられます。

でもリード夫人にもその子供達からも

苛められるのですわ。

やがて、ジェーンは私立学校に送られます。

そこで優しいテンプル先生や

ヘレン・バーンズと出会います。

記事の中の"Slattern"と書かれた板は

へレンが両手をきれいにしていなかったために

他の厳しい先生にとがめられて

罰として首からぶら下げられたのです。

その前に鞭(ムチ)で両手を打たれるのですけれど、

現在なら児童虐待で逆に先生の方が

訴えられてしまうかもしれません。

とにかく、現在の感覚で観ていると

あまりにも厳しい生活に観ているわたしの方こそ

身震いしてしまいます。

そのヘレンは学校内の伝染病にかかって

亡くなってしまうのです。

わずか12年の生涯でした。

本当に可哀想です。

とにかく、涙がこみ上げてくる場面がたくさんあります。

あなたもぜひ観てくださいね。



ところで、愛とロマンに満ちた

レンゲさんのお話をまとめて

『レンゲ物語』を作りました。

もし、レンゲさんの記事をまとめて読みたいならば、

次のリンクをクリックしてくださいね。

『愛とロマンのレンゲ物語』



とにかく、今日も一日楽しく愉快に

ネットサーフィンしましょうね。

じゃあね。




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿