2012年6月22日金曜日

Enjoy Ramen

Enjoy Ramen!
 








(dianef02.jpg)

Subj:I wanna eat

the best ramen.




From: diane@vancouver.ca
To: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Wed, May 23, 2012 7:53 pm
Pacific Daylight Saving Time




Hi Kato,

I was glad to see you as well.
I thought when I didn't see you at your usual terminal that perhaps you had gone back to Japan for a visit.

By the way, speaking of Japan, there's a highly recommended Japanese restaurant on Robson Street (almost across from the Whole Foods Market) called "Hokaido."



My piano teacher told me they have the very best ramen he has ever tasted in his life (and he's supposedly had lots of ramen in his time).
I don't know if you've tried the place or not.
I'll be going there this Friday so I'll see firsthand and report back to you, if you'd like.

I read the above article.
Thanks for your story, which is quite humourous and fascinating as usual, kiddo.

Oddly enough, I too saw that newspaper article in the Metro about Symonds and her supposedly hot love affair with Chef Gordon Ramsey.
The newspaper story is quite intriguing of course.
I saved it to show my boyfriend this weekend, especially the Top 10 Cheating Neighbourhoods of which his, Kitsilano, is at the very top of the list!

Well, I'm not worried about my boyfriend because he says I'm the best thing that ever happened to him and he doesn't know what he'd do without me, AND he's so loving and thoughtful I just have to believe him.

The point I was making is that sometimes it's better to have one person who loves you, wants to know how your day is going, one person to go to movies & plays & events with, someone to hold hands with, cook with and stuff then it is for thousands to adore you from afar.
But we're all different as the wise old sages are found of saying "follow your bliss".




(biker303.jpg)

Nevertheless, Kato, I'm still keeping my eye out for you.
It won't be a biker chick, I don't think, but what the heck ... we're not biker material ourselves, true?

By the way, I read the following newspaper story:


For those of us lucky enough to grow up riding bicycles on country roads and catching frogs in ponds, today’s ‘nature as medicine’ approach is a sad comment on how divorced we’ve become from our environment.
But before we get too down on ourselves, check out what’s going on in highly urbanized Japan.

That’s where ‘forest bathing’ (shinrinyoku) is being promoted for health.


(dianewd3.jpg)

A study by Yoshifumi Miyazaki, director of the Centre for Environment Health and Field Sciences at Chiba University, observed 288 volunteers at 24 different sites who merely sat down and enjoyed the forest view.
When their blood samples were compared to an urban control group, researchers found a 13-per-cent decrease in the stress hormone cortisol, six-per-cent decrease in heart rates and a two-per-cent decrease in blood pressure.

Being serious about their relaxation, Miyazaki says reporters want him to describe the “correct” principals of natural therapy.

“Also, I am often asked to answer the question of which type of forest is better conifer or broad-leaved.
Based on the results of our indoor studies, I can only say that the relaxation effects may differ due to the individual tastes and values of the volunteers.”




SOURCE: "To Your Health"
Posted by: Erin Ellis, Vancouver Sun

PICTURE: from Denman Library


As a nature-lover, I'm fascinated by "forest bathing."
Kato, have you ever enjoyed bathing in the woods?

Anyway, so good to hear from you,



Love, Diane ~





So, Diane, you wanna eat the best ramen, eh?



Yes, I'd love to.

Did you went to the Hokkaido ramen shop on Robson Street?

No, I didn't.

Why not?  You said, your piano teacher told you, "They have the very best ramen he has ever tasted in his life."

Yes, he told me that.  When my boyfriend and I went over there, however, the ramen shop was packed like sardines.  We didn't like to wait, so we went to the Chinese restaurant across the street.

No kidding!

Kato, have you been to the Hokaido ramen shop?


(ramen900.jpg)


(ramen901.jpg)



No, I've never been there.  By the way, Diane, the ramen shop is called "Hokkaido", not "Hokaido."



Are you sure?

Yes, of course, I am.  I'll show you the map.


(hg20620.jpg)



Look at the northern part of Japan.  That island is the prefecture called "Hokkaido (北海道)"---which literally means "a region in the North Sea."  Some people living in Hokkaido often read my blog of the "Denman Syndicate" as shown in the above map.  Actually, Hokkaido is ranked 8th among 46 prefectures of Japan.  The shop has been named after the prefecture where the owner might have come from.



Oh, I didn't know that.  Have you been to Hokkaido, Kato?

Yes, I have.  The capital city of Hokkaido is Sapporo (札幌市), where I ate the world-famous Sapporo ramen.

World-famous?

I'll show you the world map.


(wp20622b.gif)



Some people in the dark-yellowed countries know about the world-famous Sapporo ramen.



Why is that?

'Cause these people of those 62 countries read one of my blogs as shown in the following list:


(wp20622.gif)



The countries that appear in the above list are colored dark-yellow in the world map.



But those people who have visited one of your blogs don't necessarily know the Sapporo ramen, do they?

Not all of them, but quite a few of those people know about the world-famous Sapporo ramen.

Why is that?

'Cause those people read my article about Sapporo ramen.

You must be kidding!

Well...I'll show you the result of the GOOGLE search:


(gog20622b.gif)



You see... you believe it or not ... 2,450 results,



Don't tell me, Kato, you've written all of the above 2,450 articles!

No, not all of them, but you see, I've written some of the top articles.

Sapporo Miso Ramen


(ramen97.jpg)

『五右衛門ラーメン物語』

(Sendai Ramen Story)

Sapporo the top


(ramen90.jpg)

『夏時間と創作料理』

(Summer Time and Creative Cooking)



Kato, I cannot read Japanese.



Use the Google translator.

Once I used it, but the translated version didn't make sense at all.  I think the transaltor is far from perfect.

Yes, I can see that.  It would probably take another 10 years for the translator to be perfected.

I can hardly wait.  Anyway, I wonder if those people actually read your Sapporo ramen articles.

Yes, they do.

How come you're so sure?

See the following graph.


(denmansyn.gif)


(hg20622b.gif)



Look at the above graph.  The number of readers has been increasing month by month.



But that doesn't mean those readers read the Sapporo ramen articles.

Well... there are some circumstantial evidences.

Oh...? Like what?

There are an increasing number of video clips about ramen on the Net.  It seems to me that ramen lovers are all over the world.  For example, you can see the following clip:





This is a famous ramen shop in Ikebukuro (池袋), Tokyo.  It's famous especially for Tsukemen.  You can also view the following clip:





This shop is called "Garasha (我羅奢)," which is located at Takada-no-baba (高田馬場) in Tokyo.



Ummmm... looks delicious.

When I finished viewing, I see the following ending screen:


(twin001.jpg)



I thought, "How come it shows a pair of conjoined twins?"


(twin002.jpg)



Probably, these twins love ramen more than anything else.



That's what I thought.  So, I click the start button:





Unfortunately, there are no ramen-eating scenes, but I'm glad to see Abby & Brittany Hensel enjoying their birthday party at 16.



I know they are now 19 years old.

How do you know?

I saw the caption of another video clip about the twins.  In any case, Sapporo ramen is as world-famous as the Hensel twins.

Kato, why don't we eat ramen at the Hokkaido ramen shop someday?  You should get your butt off of the library.

Yes, yes, yes, ... I'd love to...some day, maybe...



【Himiko's Monologue】



Look at the Hensel twins!
Amazing!

Yes, I'm glad to know that both of the twins are enjoying life as we do.
The narrator said that they have their own hearts and lungs.
How about stomach?

I wonder if each of them has her own sense of taste.
In any case, I hope that the twins will enjoy their life together to the hilt.

Well... I hope Kato will write another interesting article soon.
So please come back to see me.

Have a nice day!
Bye bye ...








If you've got some time,

Please read one of the following artciles:





"Hello Diane!"

"I wish you were there!"

"Jane Eyre"



"Jane Eyre Again"

"Jane Eyre in Vancouver"

"Jane Eyre Special"

"Love & Death of Cleopatra"

"Nice Story"



"Scrumdiddlyumptious"

"Spiritual Work or What?"

"What a coincidence!"



"Wind and Water"

"Yoga and Happiness"

"You're in a good shape"



"Hellelujah!"

"Ecclesiophobia"

"Uncorruptible"

"Net Travel & Jane"



"Net Love"

"Complicated Love"

"Electra Complex"

"Net Début"

"Inner World"



"Madame Riviera and Burger"

"Roly-poly in the North"

"Amazing Grace"

"Diane in Paris"

"Diane in Montmartre"



"Diane Well Read"

"Wantirna South"

"Maiden's Prayer"

"Bandwidth"

"Squaw House and Melbourne Hotel"



"Tulips and Diane"

"Diane in Bustle Skirt"

"Diane and Beauty"

"Lady Chatterley and Beauty"

"Victorian Prudery"



"Diane Chatterley"

"From Canada to Japan"

"From Gyoda to Vancouver"

"Film Festival"

"Madame Taliesin"

"Happy Days"

"Vancouver Again"

"Swansea"



"Midnight in Vancouver"

"Madame Lindbergh"

"Dead Poets Society"

"Letters to Diane"

"Taliesin Studio"



"Wright and Japan"

"Taliesin Banzai"

"Memrory Lane to Sendai"

"Aunt Sleepie"

"Titanic @ Sendai"

"Birdcage"


(sylvie121.jpg)

"Roly-poly in the wild"

"Silence is dull"

"Zen and Chi Gong"

"Piano Lesson"

"Dangerous Relation"

"Electra Complex"


(juneswim.jpg)

"Covent Garden"

"Fatal Relation"

"Notre Dame"

"Anne Frank"

"Biker Babe"

"Diane Girdles the Globe"

"Diane in Casablanca"

"Infidelity Neighbourhood"

"Forest Bathing"






Hi, I'm June Adams.

Conjoined twins are identical twins whose bodies are joined in utero.

The occurrence is estimated to range from 1 in 50,000 births to 1 in 100,000 births, with a somewhat higher incidence in Southwest Asia and Africa.

Approximately half are stillborn, and a smaller fraction of pairs born alive have abnormalities incompatible with life.

The overall survival rate for conjoined twins is approximately 25%.

The condition is more frequently found among females, with a ratio of 3:1.

Two contradicting theories exist to explain the origins of conjoined twins.

The older theory is fission, in which the fertilized egg splits partially.

The second and more generally accepted theory is fusion, in which a fertilized egg completely separates, but stem cells (which search for similar cells) find like-stem cells on the other twin and fuse the twins together.

Conjoined twins share a single common chorion, placenta, and amniotic sac, although these characteristics are not exclusive to conjoined twins as there are some monozygotic but non-conjoined twins that also share these structures in utero.

The most famous pair of conjoined twins was Chang and Eng Bunker (Thai: อิน-จัน, In-Chan) (1811–1874).

Thai brothers were born in Siam, now Thailand.

They traveled with P.T. Barnum's circus for many years and were billed as the Siamese Twins.

Chang and Eng were joined by a band of flesh, cartilage, and their fused livers at the torso.

In modern times, they could have been easily separated.

Due to the brothers' fame and the rarity of the condition, the term "Siamese twins" came to be used as a synonym for conjoined twins.

(SOURCE: Wikipedia)




ところで、愛とロマンに満ちた

レンゲさんのお話をまとめて

『レンゲ物語』を作りました。

もし、レンゲさんの記事をまとめて読みたいならば、

次のリンクをクリックしてくださいね。

『愛とロマンのレンゲ物語』



『軽井沢タリアセン夫人 - 小百合物語』

とにかく、今日も一日楽しく愉快に

ネットサーフィンしましょうね。

じゃあね。




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿