2012年6月29日金曜日

Sex, Violence, Love

Sex, Violence, Love
 

(sparta01.jpg)


(pylae06.jpg)







(dianef02.jpg)

Subj:Now I know what I'll encounter

at the Japanese ramen house.



(ramen900.jpg)


(ramen901.jpg)

From: diane@vancouver.ca
To: barclay1720@aol.com
Date: Thu, Jun 21, 2012 7:18 pm
Pacific Daylight Saving Time




Hi Kato,

Great to see you again this afternoon.
... looks like you've lots of good stuff to amuse yourself with today.
Hope you're having fun.
And you're right, I just came back from the seawall when I saw you.





I've still not made it to Hokkaido Ramen shop.
I did notice a line-up when I passed at lunch-time today, though.
It sure must be good!
One day soon, hopefully.
Maybe you should try it first and let ME know.
Now there's a good plan, kiddo.
Thanks for this.

By the way, I've read the following article.



"Enjpy Ramen!"

(June 21, 2012)


Wow, Kato ... this story was fascinating.
First of all, I was intrigued by the visit to the Japanese ramen house.



what one should expect to encounter.
This is very valuable information.

But as well, I was so very impressed with the 16-yr old (now 19, you say) co-joined twins.
how wonderfully they've adapted to their lives, what good attitudes.


(twin002.jpg)



I liked what they said that the best part of being co-joined is you always have someone to talk to.
and you're never alone.
How true.

But then again, that may be the worst part as well; you're never alone and there's always someone talking.
Mixed bag as they say.
But it was so very inspiring, really.
Thanks again.

By the way, Kato, a friend of mine forward me the following URL:

http://www.onlinephd.org/phd-in-googling/

This is a good little slideshow, which shows you different ways to search on Google.
I guarantee you’ll learn at least one new way to search.

Anyway, so good to hear from you,



Love, Diane ~





Diane, thank you for forwarding me the interesting URL.



Have you clicked the above URL?

Yes, I have.  I've seen the following different ways to search on Google.



(lib20624.gif)




(lib20624b.gif)




(lib20624c.gif)




(lib20624d.gif)




(lib20624e.gif)



and more ...




These different ways to serach on Google are quite new and fascinating to me.  I'll certainly try some to search on Google and write about new interesting findings.



By the way, Kato, you were watching a DVD when I saw you in the library.  What engrossed you so much?

I borrowed some books and DVDs from the library.


(lib20620b.gif)



Which DVD fascinated you so much?



The blue-rectangled title---"SPARTACUS," which is a four-disc package.  It took eleven and a half hours for me to watch all the 13 episodes.  When you came to see me, I was watching the last episode.

Tell me what impressed you most?

Actually, I jotted down a comment in the catalogue.


(lib20622.gif)

(Click here for the real McCoy!)



You've written the red-rectangled one, haven't you?



Yes, I have.  To be on the safe side, I repeat it here for you.



(sparta11.jpg)

One of the fast-paced, action-packed movies.
The fighting scenes are quite impressive and shocking.
These slow-motion and fast-forward movements in the violent scenes are apparently influenced by the filming of "300 (Spartans)"---the movie released in 2006.
It is amazing that this violent and sex-filled movie was broadcast as a television program in 2010.
With frontal nudity, sexual scenes and extremely violent actions, this movie would be never shown to the general audience in Japan---let alone on television.
Yet, I love this dazzling and fascinating movie.
And, more than anything else, I really love and respect this freedom of expression in Canada and the States.


(sparta05.jpg)




Diane, watch the following trailer to skim the outline.

Spartacus: Blood and Sand

(Trailer)



(sparta02.jpg)





Wow!...seems interesting.



Two decades ago I saw the old "SPARTACUS" played by Kirk Douglas.





The above movie is pretty good, but the 2010 version is much more exciting and mind-boggling.



But it seems too gory to me.  Besides, one of the viewers wrote, "I don't like this series at all. It seems that they concentrated too much on sex, gratuitious violence, special effects, and awful dialogue than story. The old Spartacus had character and bite. This one just didn't cut it for me."

Yes, I know... I know some people dislike the movie because of frontal nudity, explicit sexual scenes, and an awful lot of profanity.  But, Diane, most of the 26 comments are favorable, including mine.  Furthermore, look at the following borrowing record:


(lib20628.gif)



As of June 28, there are 15 copies in the Vancouver libraries, and all of them are checked out. Twenty 20 people are waiting in the line.



So, Kato, you're saying that the movie is quite popular, aren't you?

Yes, I am.  It's in a big demand.  It must be pretty good.  Don't you think?

You're gonna force me to watch the quite violent and sexually explicit movie, aren't you?

I thought you were open-minded.

Yes, I am... I'm always open to new ideas and opinions.  Why don't you tell me about your favorite movie---"300 (Spartans)"?

Yes, I do.  First of all, watch the trailer:

300

Battle of Thermopylae

(Traler)



(pylae05.jpg)





I also made a comment in the catalogue:


(lib20622b.gif)

(Click here for the real McCoy!)


I love this fast-paced, action-packed movie---especially, combined action scenes of slow-motion and fast-forward movement.

These fighting scenes are so impressive and shocking that this technique might have influenced in making the violent scenes of "Spartacus, blood and sand"---a dazzling and fascinating television program in 2010.


(sparta06.jpg)




Is this movie popular too?



Yes, you bet.  Look at the following record:


(lib20628b.gif)



As of June 28, there are 9 copies in the Vancouver libraries, and all of them are checked out. Nine people are waiting in the line.



I see... This one is also in a big demand, isn't it?

You're telling me, Diane.

But "300" isn't in your list, is it?

No, it isn't.  I jotted down my comment in the catalogue on June 22, but I actually saw the movie two years ago.  Since I was thinking of writing thie article, I jotted down the above comment.

I see.  So, Kato, how come you picked up "SPARTACUS" and "300" among all the action movies.

'Cause the impressive and shocking fighting scenes with slow-motion and fast-forward movements boggled my mind.  This technique is found in both movies.  So naturally I thought both movies had the same cinematographer.

Did the two films have the same director of photography?

Well... to make a long story short, each film has its own cinematographer.  The "300" cinematographer is Larry Fong while the visual effects supervisor of "SPARTACUS" is Charlie McClellan.  Apparently, different persons created fighting scenes for each movie.

Then how come you thought the same technitian was involved in both movies in the first place?

Well...in the 2010 "SPARTACUS", Peter Mensah played "Doctore"---a trainer and the right-hand man of the owner of the gradiator school.


(sparta04.jpg)

"Doctore" played by Peter Mensah


(pylae07.jpg)

Peter Mensah in "300"



Peter Mensah also played a minor role in "300."  He confronted the leader of the Spartan army and was thrown to the big well to his death.



So, Peter Mensah is common in both movies, isn't he?

Yes, he is.  So I concluded that the casting director of "SPARTACUS" had chosen him for the much bigger role---"Doctore."  Apparently, the casting director must have seen the fighting scenes of "300" and told the film director of "SPARTACUS" about the unique technique.

This is how the director of "SPARTACUS" came to adopt the same technique as used in the "300" fighting scenes.  Is that what you thought, Kato?

Yes, it is.

I wonder if "300" was made based on the historical battle.

Yes, it was made based on the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC---so named because it was fought at Thermopylae in the following map.


(pylae2.gif)


(pylae06.jpg)



The leader of the Greek army was King Leonidas of Sparta.


(pylae03.jpg)

The leader of the Persian army was King Xerxes I.


(pylae06.jpg)



The "Spartacus" is an excellent movie, but "300" was more exciting and shocking to me simply because I saw the movie of uniquely violent nature for the first time.



Kato, do you like movies full of violence?

No, not really.  I don't like violence, but naturally, the violence certainly propells me to want to see more.

How come?

Well...we, human beings, have a fighting instinct deep inside as the Romans passionately loved fighting to death in the Colosseum.  Look at the above trailer.  You can see the spectators in the amphitheatre crying in joy when they saw the head of a gradiator chopped off and the blood spattered around.

Kato, did you enjoy it too?

To tell you the truth, I detested the violence at first.  When I was through the first 6 episodes of the "SPARTACUS", however, I started to enjoy the death game just as the spectators in the amphitheatre.

Tsk, tsk, tsk,... Kato, that isn't the right attitude.

I'm not saying that the death game is a right thing for us to enjoy.  But let's face the reality.  As I told you, we, human beings, have a fighting instinct deep inside as the Romans passionately loved fighting to death.  And this has certainly to do with the holocaust.

Violence and Terror

of Dr. Josef Mengele






The driving force for cruelty and violence is deeply rooted in the bottom of our mind, I suppose.  Otherwise, we wuoldn't be able to understand that such a well-educated man as Dr. Mengel did a terrible thing on innocent people.



So, Kato, are you saying that everybody has the driving force for cruelty and violence rooted in the bottom of his or her mind?

Yes, I am.  The evidence is the spectators crying for joy in the movie "SPARTACUS."

But we're different from the spectators of those days.  We're well educated and cultured as civilized human beings.  We've learned from the mistakes in the past.

Do you really think so, Diane?

Yes, I do.

But when you look around on the Net at this moment, you can easily see the death game going on rampantly.

You gotta be kidding.

No, I'm not.  Look at the following video clips:

Genocide in Sudan

2 millions killed so far



(sudan02.jpg)







【Himiko's Monologue】



Did you see the fighting of gladiators?
How gory it is!
It made me nauseated at first.
But as I watched the movie along, I found myself among the joyous spectators in the amphitheatre.
...funny, isn't it?

A gladiator fought with another gladiator, a wild animal, or a condemned criminal.
Some gladiators were volunteers who risked their legal and social standing and their lives by appearing in the arena.
But most were despised as slaves, schooled under harsh conditions, socially marginalized, and segregated even in death.

They could inspire admiration and popular acclaim.
Gradiators were celebrated in high and low art, and their value as entertainers was commemorated in precious and commonplace objects throughout the Roman world.

Well... I hope Kato will write another interesting article soon.
So please come back to see me.

Have a nice day!
Bye bye ...








If you've got some time,

Please read one of the following artciles:





"Hello Diane!"

"I wish you were there!"

"Jane Eyre"



"Jane Eyre Again"

"Jane Eyre in Vancouver"

"Jane Eyre Special"

"Love & Death of Cleopatra"

"Nice Story"



"Scrumdiddlyumptious"

"Spiritual Work or What?"

"What a coincidence!"



"Wind and Water"

"Yoga and Happiness"

"You're in a good shape"



"Hellelujah!"

"Ecclesiophobia"

"Uncorruptible"

"Net Travel & Jane"



"Net Love"

"Complicated Love"

"Electra Complex"

"Net Début"

"Inner World"



"Madame Riviera and Burger"

"Roly-poly in the North"

"Amazing Grace"

"Diane in Paris"

"Diane in Montmartre"



"Diane Well Read"

"Wantirna South"

"Maiden's Prayer"

"Bandwidth"

"Squaw House and Melbourne Hotel"



"Tulips and Diane"

"Diane in Bustle Skirt"

"Diane and Beauty"

"Lady Chatterley and Beauty"

"Victorian Prudery"



"Diane Chatterley"

"From Canada to Japan"

"From Gyoda to Vancouver"

"Film Festival"

"Madame Taliesin"

"Happy Days"

"Vancouver Again"

"Swansea"



"Midnight in Vancouver"

"Madame Lindbergh"

"Dead Poets Society"

"Letters to Diane"

"Taliesin Studio"



"Wright and Japan"

"Taliesin Banzai"

"Memrory Lane to Sendai"

"Aunt Sleepie"

"Titanic @ Sendai"

"Birdcage"


(sylvie121.jpg)

"Roly-poly in the wild"

"Silence is dull"

"Zen and Chi Gong"

"Piano Lesson"

"Dangerous Relation"

"Electra Complex"


(juneswim.jpg)

"Covent Garden"

"Fatal Relation"

"Notre Dame"

"Anne Frank"

"Biker Babe"

"Diane Girdles the Globe"

"Diane in Casablanca"

"Infidelity Neighbourhood"

"Forest Bathing"

"Enjoy Ramen!"






Hi, I'm June Adams.

The Darfur Conflict was a civil war centered on the Darfur region of Sudan.

It began in February 2003 when the Sudan Liberation Movement/Army (SLM/A) and Justice and Equality Movement (JEM) groups in Darfur took up arms, accusing the Sudanese government of oppressing non-Arab Sudanese in favor of Sudanese Arabs.

It is also known as the Darfur Genocide.

One side of the conflict was composed mainly of the official Sudanese military and police, and the Janjaweed, a Sudanese militia group recruited mostly from the Arabized indigenous Africans and few Arab Bedouin of the northern Rizeigat; the majority of other Arab groups in Darfur remain uninvolved in the conflict.

The other combatants are made up of rebel groups, notably the SLM/A and the JEM, recruited primarily from the non-Arab Muslim Fur, Zaghawa, and Masalit ethnic groups.

Although the Sudanese government publicly denies that it supports the Janjaweed, it has been providing financial assistance and weapons to the militia and has been organizing joint attacks targeting civilians.

(SOURCE: Wikipedia)




ところで、愛とロマンに満ちた

レンゲさんのお話をまとめて

『レンゲ物語』を作りました。

もし、レンゲさんの記事をまとめて読みたいならば、

次のリンクをクリックしてくださいね。

『愛とロマンのレンゲ物語』



『軽井沢タリアセン夫人 - 小百合物語』

とにかく、今日も一日楽しく愉快に

ネットサーフィンしましょうね。

じゃあね。




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿